2022 4-star WR Shettron talks UM

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2022 Santa Fe (OK) 4-star WR Talyn Shettron has been building a relationship with Miami Hurricanes WR coach Rob Likens over the past few weeks and has been excited by what he’s heard about the Miami program.

“I had a phone call with coach Likens and it was great getting an opportunity to play at Miami,” Shettron said. “He told me about the new offense and how they were going to run a spread and throw the ball down the field as much as they can.”

In addition to what he's heard from Likens, the 6-3 170 pound prospect also has his own views on what UM can bring to the table.

“I like the fact that they have had some great receivers in the past and the fact that there is a beach close to campus,” Shettron said. “I’m excited to possibly visit an amazing university like Miami.”

While Shettron waits for UM and other schools to allow trips again, he has in fact visited programs in the past like Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and, most recently, Oklahoma State (offers from all).

“The recruiting process is going good right now and I’m just currently waiting for visits on campus to open back up so I can take some more visits,” Shettron said. “As of right now, I plan on making my decision sometime after my junior season.”

Shettron had a hyper-productive sophomore season at Santa Fe, catching 65 passes for 856 yards and 9 TD’s in 2019.

“I’m a big physical receiver that has the speed to run past you and the finesse to find holes in the defense like some smaller receivers can.”

Advertisement
Is Oklahoma on this kid? If not, why not, he seems to be really good.

Advertisement
Back