2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
E
Will be so much worse now. They will hype up as many fans as possible to snag follows from each fan base before committing
This!!
Followers are the NIL bargaining chip.
I’m not buying any recruit at that position that is legit considering FSU.
With NIL it’s even more important to these players to get playing time early to cash out. That’s one of the reasons they have some highly rated players committed (for now). That’s the only thing they’re selling. Early playing time to get that NIL rolling.
Would not be surprised if Richardson is doing the same.

This moves feels somewhat connected to his tweet about Coach Field (maybe Field discussed the move with him). I know IMG hasn't been great to us but we've still grabbed guys from there. Also, him going from South Carolina (SEC country) to IMG seems like a win from a proximity standpoint.

Advertisement
This moves feels somewhat connected to his tweet about Coach Field (maybe Field discussed the move with him). I know IMG hasn't been great to us but we've still grabbed guys from there. Also, him going from South Carolina (SEC country) to IMG seems like a win from a proximity standpoint.
IMG really isn't great to anybody. If you're lucky on their loaded class you get 2 guys and sometimes it's just random. I don't think this move will matter much in giving anybody an advantage even for FSU because Duffy will not hold more weight then their terrible season

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMG really isn't great to anybody. If you're lucky on their loaded class you get 2 guys and sometimes it's just random. I don't think this move will matter much in giving anybody an advantage even for FSU because Duffy will not hold more weight then their terrible season

I think the reason is multiple factors (1) it is a boarding school, it takes kids from all over the country, can't tell me a kid from back country Ohio or Clemson would transfer to Bradenton, FL for 1 year and that somehow sway a perceived bias from going to OSU or Clemson. Kids aren't there long enough to even develop real friendships when you are talking about meeting someone for just a year; and (2) they have sooooo many D1 commits, it is pretty hard to think school a is favored over school b, they are spread out. Like currently out of the top 300 they have kids committed to Clemson, Bama, FSU, and Penn State.

We have had decent success off the top of my head I can think Hightower, sitkowski (was going to come until we backed off), St. Louis, Redding, Patchan, Fines and I might be missing 1 or 2.

Advertisement
I think the reason is multiple factors (1) it is a boarding school, it takes kids from all over the country, can't tell me a kid from back country Ohio or Clemson would transfer to Bradenton, FL for 1 year and that somehow sway a perceived bias from going to OSU or Clemson. Kids aren't there long enough to even develop real friendships when you are talking about meeting someone for just a year; and (2) they have sooooo many D1 commits, it is pretty hard to think school a is favored over school b, they are spread out. Like currently out of the top 300 they have kids committed to Clemson, Bama, FSU, and Penn State.

We have had decent success off the top of my head I can think Hightower, sitkowski (was going to come until we backed off), St. Louis, Redding, Patchan, Fines and I might be missing 1 or 2.
Yep. No one has a real hold on IMG, 57% of their students go D1. Him playing with Duffy certainly doesn’t help though.

Advertisement
Back