2021 WR Lemeke Brockington receives offer

Advertisement
Why because there is a stadium there. Atlanta ain't no Mecca of college football.

Whooooa, slow down there Hoss. You started going off the trail at "It demolishes UGA in **** near every aspect". There ain't a GTech grad in Georgia who isn't jealous of Georgia's football program's history - and record playing agin Tech. Academically GTech is betta, butt it closer than Tech grads care two admit. Come to think on it, I don't recollect meeting many Tech grads or who weren't jealous of Georgia in just about every respect.

I've lived in Athens and Atlanta. If you a student Athens is the best by far. Fawk Atlanta. Got lots of family there and hate driving up to visit dem in that cot dam traffic nightmare. On da other hand, I loves going back to Athens to visit.

Atlanta the Mecca of CFB?! Bowl games only. As much as I hates to admit it, Tuscaloosa Alabama may be able to claim that one. You and the author of dat article done fell off your horses and hit you heads.

Atlanta is the Mecca of CFB for a variety of reasons.

1.) Atlanta is a city of transplants. That’s why the majority of the SEC and ACC teams’ biggest alumni bases all reside there. It has a lot of Big Ten, Big 12 and other fans too. Which is why in no city is CFB so integrated into its culture like it is in Atlanta.

2.) Georgia itself is the fourth most-fertile recruiting ground in the nation in terms of putting football talent on D-1 rosters.

3.) It annually plays host to the biggest games of the entire CFB season. The Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, decades of classic Chick-fil-A Peach Bowls, memorable SEC Championship Games, and the top annual HBCU game of the year are all played in Atlanta.

4.) Its home to the CFB hall of fame.

Last edited:
Both of em some sh*t historically so who really cares.

GA TECH is still the lil lil lil brother in there own state.

Ninjas dont have the pull of Auburn, Clemson in state and whenever Tenn feel like it they can do the same.

GA tech cant be a force in the ACC when there not gonna be a force in there OWN recruiting base.

Like i said...They are USF. Everything has to hit on all cylinders for them just to be in the running and its not sustainable.

The perception that you talk about in-state had a lot to do with G-Tech running an antiquated Offense from the 1920's. That's no longer the case. You can already begin to see the drastic improvement in their recruiting under Geoff Collins. Also, I don't think they have to out recruit UGA in order to become relevant in the ACC, because the state of GA is the 4th most fertile recruiting base in the entire country.

Atlanta is the mecca of CFB for a variety of reasons.

1.) Atlanta is a city of transplants. That’s why the majority of the SEC and ACC teams’ biggest alumni bases live in Atlanta. It has a lot of Big Ten, Big 12 and other fans too. Which is why in no city is CFB so integrated into its culture like it is in Atlanta.

2.) Georgia itself is the fourth most-fertile recruiting ground in the nation in terms of putting football talent on D-1 rosters.

3.) It annually plays host to the biggest games of the entire CFB season. The Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, decades of classic Chick-fil-A Peach Bowls, memorable SEC Championship Games, and the top annual HBCU game of the year are all played in Atlanta.

4.) Its home to the CFB hall of fame.
Wtf is this **** I left the other thread because of this dumb aśś argument and it found me here too. Stop derailing threads, no one cares.

Wtf is this **** I left the other thread because of this dumb aśś argument and it found me here too. Stop derailing threads, no one cares.

What other thread are you talking about? I'm responding to others in this thread you moron.

Advertisement
What other thread are you talking about? I'm responding to others in this thread you moron.
Then you’ve gone on about this useless argument for too long. DM the guy if you care that much.

Then you’ve gone on about this useless argument for too long. DM the guy if you care that much.

There is absolutely nothing useless about this argument whatsoever, and its very relevant to MIA. You're just not thinking hard enough.

Do you think it's the biggest spot for CFB? When you think of CFB history I don't think of Atlanta. I think of the Rose Bowl more than Atlanta, not saying the Rose Bowl is either just throwing it out there.

I dont think of it either and i played college ball in ATLANTA. Dont let these sec sec sec dopes fool ya

The perception that you talk about in-state had a lot to do with G-Tech running an antiquated Offense from the 1920's. That's no longer the case. You can already begin to see the drastic improvement in their recruiting under Geoff Collins. Also, I don't think they have to out recruit UGA in order to become relevant in the ACC, because the state of GA is the 4th most fertile recruiting base in the entire country.

The State of Ga may be that but their pecking order in the state is USF level ...hence me comparing them. They will always get beat out by Auburn,UGA, Clemson, Bama, and even Tenn for kids....in fact we can take kids from them as well. They can be hitting on all cylinders and still get beat up on the recruiting trail like that. Hence there success will always be short or a flash in the pan if everything lines up.

I felt this way since Chan Gailey. They did get an uptick in recruiting with Collins....but will it last if their winning 6 games a season?. Its a reason i want us to set up shop in Metro Atl....its because those kids could be had. The good kids that Bama,UGA, Clemson miss...are a free for all for everyone else

Advertisement
The State of Ga may be that but their pecking order in the state is USF level ...hence me comparing them. They will always get beat out by Auburn,UGA, Clemson, Bama, and even Tenn for kids....in fact we can take kids from them as well. They can be hitting on all cylinders and still get beat up on the recruiting trail like that. Hence there success will always be short or a flash in the pan if everything lines up.

I felt this way since Chan Gailey. They did get an uptick in recruiting with Collins....but will it last if their winning 6 games a season?. Its a reason i want us to set up shop in Metro Atl....its because those kids could be had. The good kids that Bama,UGA, Clemson miss...are a free for all for everyone else

I'm telling you man, they are very much going to be a problem for MIA moving forward. G-Tech is already recruiting at a top 5 level in the ACC, and just this past cycle they recruited 11 top 100 players from the state of GA, and 3 top 50 players from the state of FL. That's after going 3-9. Even if your premise holds true, that they are going to get beat up on the trail by UGA, and numerous SEC teams, at the very minimum they will still be in contention for the Coastal every single yr. Objectively speaking G-Tech has too much to offer to not be a solid program.

I'm telling you man, they are very much going to be a problem for MIA moving forward. G-Tech is already recruiting at a top 5 level in the ACC, and just this past cycle they recruited 11 top 100 players from the state of GA, and 3 top 50 players from the state of FL. That's after going 3-9. Even if your premise holds true, that they are going to get beat up on the trail by UGA, and numerous SEC teams, at the very minimum they will still be in contention for the Coastal every single yr. Objectively speaking G-Tech has too much to offer to not be a solid program.

First year bump that EVERY coach gts. Your new to this recruiting thing huh?.

That GA TECH team really should of only won 2 games....and really was void of talent have no clue how we lost to them.

UNC is a threat RIGHT NOW....Ga Tech not really. They should be a solid program....BUT...like i said if the winning aint sustainable the recruiting still be hurting and they will be what they have always been....a middle of the road to below acc team

First year bump that EVERY coach gts. Your new to this recruiting thing huh?.

That GA TECH team really should of only won 2 games....and really was void of talent have no clue how we lost to them.

UNC is a threat RIGHT NOW....Ga Tech not really. They should be a solid program....BUT...like i said if the winning aint sustainable the recruiting still be hurting and they will be what they have always been....a middle of the road to below acc team

Ok fair enough. Let's see what happens

Advertisement
Back