2021 TE Michael Trigg receives offer

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Trigg-46086154/

6'4 220lbs TE out of Lake Wales, goes to 2A Seffner Christian Academy, was originally at Cambridge Christian Academy.

Dual Sport Athlete that plays both Football & Basketball, versatile athlete that plays WR, TE & DE.

Had a phenomenal Junior season with 82rec 1,232yds & 16TD's receiving, plus 196yds rushing & 5TD's on offense, to go with 83tcks 24.5TFL's & 11 sacks on Defense.

Highly gifted big physical freak, plays with speed explosiveness & aggression. Plays as an outside big body WR & lines up in the slot as a Flex out. Displays great hands, premises route running & great catch radius, has some Njoku to his game as a pure freak athlete playing at TE. Is also a **** good pass rusher as well, could legitimately excel on either side of the ball at the next level, but I believe he's mostly being recruited as a TE.

Holds offers from Bama, LSU, UF, GTech, Kentucky, South Car, West Va, Iowa St & BC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where you do you think he would do better...TE or DE?
TE all day, I think it would take him some time to develop into a true DE, because at his size he would have to play Strong Side & being a SDE is more about just being big & fast, you need technique & learning how to set the edge, how to properly play the run game, how to spilt the Tackle/Guard, how attack the C-gap, how to properly use your hands & disengage lineman, etc..

He is a very good pass rusher in HS, but he's not really facing great comp either.

At TE he can come in right away & play, he'll be a prototype big bodied pass catching TE at the next level, he's got very good speed for his size & has terrific hands, that boy catches everything, with the right development he's a potential NFL player. I can see him getting up to 6'4/5 240lbs & being a dangerous middle of the field & Red Zone threat.

He reminds me of Njoku with his athletic upside.

Advertisement
We're pretty deep at TE. He likely goes somewhere he can step in as the unquestioned starter.

Do we want to take a flyer on Trigg when we have Mallory, Arroyo, Skinner, and the other TE’s? What’s his status regarding how many years he has left to play?

Advertisement
Do we want to take a flyer on Trigg when we have Mallory, Arroyo, Skinner, and the other TE’s? What’s his status regarding how many years he has left to play?
Trigg would probably be our most talented player in the TE group. Superior athlete

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back