2021 Signing Day Profile: TE Elijah Arroyo

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
2021 Independence (TX) TE Elijah Arroyo signed with the Miami Hurricanes earlier today. Arroyo is Miami's 13th signee of the day.

The 6-4, 210-pounder is currently a consensus 4-star prospect in the national rankings. According to the 247Sports Composite Ranking, Arroyo is the #235 player nationally in 2021, the #10 TE in the country, and the #36 player in Texas.

Recruiting Story

Elijah Arroyo received an offer from Miami on January 10th, 2020. Although he never visited campus due to being an out of state player and the current recruiting dead period, Miami quickly jumped out in front as one of the favorites in Arroyo’s recruitment. Arroyo called Miami his “dream offer” and he also has family ties to South Florida. All of this helped Miami land a commitment from Arroyo on May 3rd of this year and he has been solid ever since. He chose Miami over offers from Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Texas, and Texas A&M among others.

Evaluation

Add Arroyo’s name as another entry to the new breed of jumbo athletes that are becoming more and more common, as he is a receiver in a tight end’s body. Right off the bat on film, Arroyo shows plus concentration and hands, giving his QB a large catch radius to work with. Arroyo’s speed jumps off the screen, and he can easily run away from DB’s; has been clocked at a 4.6 40 in the past. Wins many reps right from the snap with his quickness and establishes the capacity to blow by his man off the line. Lines up all over the field at Independence as an H-Back, in-line, and in the slot, and UM will likely want to use his versatility in a similar manner in Lashlee’s offense.

Dangerous as a runner in the open field and shows the ability to bounce off tackles and churn out extra yards. A terror working the middle of the field, and can utilize each level of the gridiron to stretch a defense. A red-zone threat that can freelance near the goal-line if he’s initially covered up, and will find the open space in the scramble drill. Shows physicality and toughness as a blocker, which is something you don’t see from a lot of young tight ends, and had quite a few pancakes on tape. Still needs to add a lot more lean muscle to his frame to hold up at the next level.

The Team

Arroyo will arrive on campus in January with Kahlil Brantley, bringing the number of tight ends on the roster up to six. Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory are both eligible to enter the draft, although Jordan is the more likely of the two to do so.

Redshirt Probability: 4/10

Arroyo brings a big-play ability to the tight end room that will be hard to keep off of the field. Should Jordan and Mallory both come back next season, Arroyo’s chances of getting serious playing time will diminish. However, he will be on campus in January and he is coming from a well-funded program in Texas. Those two factors usually lead to players getting on the field early.

Advertisement
Loved this kid's interview. Doesn't strike me as a prima donna, just a guy who wants to play ball and contribute. Or I could be reading way too into it haha

Advertisement
Just wanted to bump this because this guy is not getting enough love, I'm going on record here: this guy will be ELITE here!
I agree!

I think he’s going to be the best TE we’ve had since Winslow Jr.

This kid is an ELITE route runner, with terrific hands & speed.

I feel like he’s the most polished offensive recruit we landed in this class, even with Mallory, Hodges & Mammarelli still on roster for next year, I think Arroyo will find his way onto the field as a TF. Once he gets in the S&C program he’s going to thrive IMO.

Advertisement
Back