2021 QB Samari Collier

Official Cane Gang

Sophomore

4YCGTZIKMNBOLBVRUWZFMWXPNI.JPG

6-3 210 out of DeSoto HS in Texas

He has been mentioned a couple times on the site by those who are in Texas

He can do it all, can make all the throws, can run, he is like a bigger version of King

I would say his best attribute as a passer is ball placement, you see his WRs running underneath the ball on deep passes, or him putting the ball in spots that only his guy can make a play

He does need to work on not floating the ball

Currently committed to Illinois

Advertisement
I see a little Ian Book and Hendon Hooker but the arm strength & especially accuracy of 59% is questionable. That probably translates to 53-55% at the college level.

But definite room for growth.

I saw him play on Friday night in what was a great game between Cedar Hill and DeSoto. I'll say this: I think Kaidon Salter is the better QB right now, but I think Collier could have the higher ceiling. They're also different types of athletes in my eyes: Salter is a long strider when he runs, while Collier is quick and pretty fast, the better pure athlete in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind taking Collier as a developmental guy, especially if Miami can convince King to come back.

Advertisement
I saw him play on Friday night in what was a great game between Cedar Hill and DeSoto. I'll say this: I think Kaidon Salter is the better QB right now, but I think Collier could have the higher ceiling. They're also different types of athletes in my eyes: Salter is a long strider when he runs, while Collier is quick and pretty fast, the better pure athlete in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind taking Collier as a developmental guy, especially if Miami can convince King to come back.

Go Canes

Interesting recruiting perspective by the young man, about "riding with who rides with you, and go where your wanted" hence why he committed to Illinois. But this was also before better P5 offers come in late.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Bump
Lovie Smith out at Illinois... I know we're all in on Jake Garcia, but he could still leave the Canes at the altar...

Bump
Lovie Smith out at Illinois... I know we're all in on Jake Garcia, but he could still leave the Canes at the altar...
He finished this year with 1,661yds 23TD's & 5INT's with 349yds & 4TD's rushing.

He'd be a perfect scheme fit too.

Advertisement
Back