2021 QB Grayson James

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
This was my original post on Grayson back in May in D$'s uncommitted QB thread:

6'2 210lbs 3-star QB out of Dallas TX, goes to John Paul Catholic

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Baseball.

Had a great Junior season with 3,878yds 44TD's 7INT's at 63.5% passing & 250yds rushing.

Has good natural arm talent, throws with good velocity on the ball & has a big arm. He has a quick release but has a bit of a Basbeall wind up, it's not overly elongated though so with some coaching can be cleaned up. The throw @3:55 on his tape was nice, while evading pressure in the pocket & dropped a dime while going across his body. Excels in the intermediate route throws isn't a typical Deep ball gunslinger, much more of a between the hashes middle of the field worker with good accuracy. Has good mobility but is not a runner at all, stays in the pocket & will only run when necessary, will scramble only to pickup a few yards, not trying to make anybody miss. Pro Style QB all day. Smart kid who comes off his first read & can diagnose Defenses Has sturdy compact physical build, built like Dak Prescott.

Is coached by former Dallas Cowboys Safety George Teague. Lead his team to a 10-3 season in the TAPPS division. Probably not a take for us, but reminds me of J'Mar Smith from La Tech.

Since then, he was an Elite 11 Finalist over the summer & transferred to powerhouse Dallas school Duncanville.

(Mid-season highlights)

Through just 4 games, he's thrown for over 600yds & 7TD's thus far, still hasn't picked up any P5 offers, but I don't care about that at all, kid has nice arm talent & has even tightened up his throwing motion from his Junior year.

Obviously, we'll most likely be hitting the Portal for a QB, but Grayson is a kid I think we should keep an eye on once we see how things shake out post NSD in December.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's 21 WR Roderick Daniels, he's a Super speedster Slot Back.

We actually offered him back in January, but he wound up committing to Baylor.

Kid is a Speed Demon track star though, legit 4.3/4.4 speed.

Pretty sure thats where tyquan thorton went too. ****es me off to see speed like that get away. baylor coasches know what game breakers look like even if the rest of the team is trash.

Advertisement
This was my original post on Grayson back in May in D$'s uncommitted QB thread:

6'2 210lbs 3-star QB out of Dallas TX, goes to John Paul Catholic

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Baseball.

Had a great Junior season with 3,878yds 44TD's 7INT's at 63.5% passing & 250yds rushing.

Has good natural arm talent, throws with good velocity on the ball & has a big arm. He has a quick release but has a bit of a Basbeall wind up, it's not overly elongated though so with some coaching can be cleaned up. The throw @3:55 on his tape was nice, while evading pressure in the pocket & dropped a dime while going across his body. Excels in the intermediate route throws isn't a typical Deep ball gunslinger, much more of a between the hashes middle of the field worker with good accuracy. Has good mobility but is not a runner at all, stays in the pocket & will only run when necessary, will scramble only to pickup a few yards, not trying to make anybody miss. Pro Style QB all day. Smart kid who comes off his first read & can diagnose Defenses Has sturdy compact physical build, built like Dak Prescott.

Is coached by former Dallas Cowboys Safety George Teague. Lead his team to a 10-3 season in the TAPPS division. Probably not a take for us, but reminds me of J'Mar Smith from La Tech.

Since then, he was an Elite 11 Finalist over the summer & transferred to powerhouse Dallas school Duncanville.

(Mid-season highlights)

Through just 4 games, he's thrown for over 600yds & 7TD's thus far, still hasn't picked up any P5 offers, but I don't care about that at all, kid has nice arm talent & has even tightened up his throwing motion from his Junior year.

Obviously, we'll most likely be hitting the Portal for a QB, but Grayson is a kid I think we should keep an eye on once we see how things shake out post NSD in December.

do you ever communicate these gems to the staph?

I like this kid. The way I see it, with TX being universally recognized as a QB producing state, if this kid has walked into a powerhouse program like Duncanville and has won the QB job, we need to give him a HARD look. All 3* aren't created equal, especially when it comes to QBs from TX vs QBs from other areas. We need to get a pipeline into TX anyway.

I like this kid. The way I see it, with TX being universally recognized as a QB producing state, if this kid has walked into a powerhouse program like Duncanville and has won the QB job, we need to give him a HARD look. All 3* aren't created equal, especially when it comes to QBs from TX vs QBs from other areas. We need to get a pipeline into TX anyway.
The way a lot of folks say south Florida 3 stars are superstars elsewhere, 3 star QB’s in Texas are worth a flier at any program in the country. We breed them

Advertisement
Hasn't picked up any P5 offers yet, but holds offers from UAB, ULM, CMU, Miami (OH) & Liberty.

He's a Dallas area kid with a nice arm & very accurate passer.

for a kid with that kind of tape not to have ANY P5 offers is a bit strange.

I would normally chalk it up to one of:

(a) no camps,
(b) character issues, and similar red flags,
(c) some injury that has people backing off, or
(d) his coach does a lousy job of getting the word out

but i don't want to speculate because i don't know. maybe LCE has some insight?

for a kid with that kind of tape not to have ANY P5 offers is a bit strange.

I would normally chalk it up to one of:

(a) no camps,
(b) character issues, and similar red flags,
(c) some injury that has people backing off, or
(d) his coach does a lousy job of getting the word out

but i don't want to speculate because i don't know. maybe LCE has some insight?
It's more so A) than anything.

He's an extremely high character kid, 4.0 GPA & is a model citizen, very good kid from a great family.

No injuries of note.

His old coach at John Paul Catholic was a former Dallas Cowboy Safety, so I doubt it's that & he just transferred to a highly visible highly recruited powerhouse school in Texas in Duncanville.

It's mainly due to there being no camps this year & most teams already have their QB committed for their class. It happens every year, some kids just slip through the cracks & don't always get the hype as other kids get.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back