NFL 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Get that ESPN paywall garbage outta here.
Didn't realize it was. That D+ account paying off, I supposed.

10 Rookies Who Landed on Perfect Teams
Trey Lance
JaMarr Chase
Jamin Davis
Christian Darrisaw
Greg Newsome 2
Odafe Oweh
Christian Barmore
Trevon Moehrig
Terrace Marshall Jr.
Amari Rodgers

Five value picks that could make an early impact
Azeez Ojulari
Andre Cisco
Chazz Surratt
Trey Sermon
Elijah Molden

Day 3 steals that could overperform
Jordan Smith
Kenneth Gainwell
Ihmir Smith-Marsette
Hamseh Nasrildeen
Trey Smith

Advertisement
Didn't realize it was. That D+ account paying off, I supposed.

10 Rookies Who Landed on Perfect Teams
Trey Lance
JaMarr Chase

Jamin Davis
Christian Darrisaw
Greg Newsome 2
Odafe Oweh

Christian Barmore
Trevon Moehrig
Terrace Marshall Jr.
Amari Rodgers
Agree with these. The others I didn't evaluate or in the case of Darrisaw (nastiness) and Barmore (rawness, coachability) disagree.

I'd add the following:

Eskridge - best deep ball thrower on the planet (Russ), McVay scheme which will use him on jet sweeps and ask him to block tight to the line where he plays way above his weight class
Rondale - all the horizontal and low ADoT action, maybe even some carries too considering how weak their RB room is
Amon-Ra - inside/outside versatility with leveled route concepts and a staff that values toughness. Seamless fit and a weak depth chart ahead of him
Cade Johnson - Doug Baldwin 2.0?
Jalen Camp - could see him doing some of the stuff Hernandez did at UF
Chris Evans - space player, receiver a la Chase Edmonds. Bengals need one with Gio gone and they throw a lot especially out of Empty. Should overtake Mixon as the receiving back eventually

Considering the slop flying off the board on Day 3 of the draft, I know Cade Johnson tested like ****, but the film for him is pretty good. The tape looks faster and more athletic than he tested. idk what was up there. Should have been drafted. I can see him working the deep stuff from the slot like Baldwin did. He's got plenty of clips doing it. Seahawks have a weird, top heavy group of WRs. Definitely a shot to make that roster. As Lockett likely moves away from the slot more and more, Eskridge definitely has a shot at making a splash there early.

On the flipside...Arizona's group of WR seems like a tough spot to really make a splash early for Rondale Moore. AJ Green will be eating up a lot of snaps he really doesn't deserve (advanced stats for him last year were pretty gross) and there are just a glut of names with experience there and Moore hasnt really balled out for over a season and a half. We'll see. I think the curve is a little bit longer for him. I think they'll need to make more of a concerted effort to scheme him touches. He is a lot different than Isabella from the slot, so there is that.

I just checked out the Lions depth chart...its pretty gross. Tough to project how much the slot will get work, but he could be a sneaky late round pick in your deeper leagues to contribute early.

A few guys I like that don't see mentioned a lot. Not sure if they are fully contributing in Year 1, but once Year 2 starts...

I really like the OL class MORE after the draft because I felt a lot of players ended up in good spots and they'll be solid starters by Year 2.

Spencer Brown - should be a starter for the Bills sooner rather than later. Maybe due to injuries he sneaks in before the end of Year 1, ala Ezra Cleveland from the year prior. Tommy Doyle has a pretty incredible athletic profile, but the tape on him is only ok. Nice stash for the Bills though. Big, athletic human that could be a swing tackle early and if he develops...nice get. Two great values for the Bills on the OL.

Dillon Radunz - should be starting by the end of his rookie year. Good pick. Nice athlete. Good tape.

All of the lists I see pointing at Trey Smith...but Creed Humphrey is going to be another solid starter from the Oklahoma in the NFL. Unlike a lot of the other OU OL, Humphrey's athletic profile is out of control and should start for the Chiefs on their revamped OL soon. First iOL off the bench.

I also like where the top safeties came off the board...I keep seeing Moehrig on these lists...but Jevon Holland - he should be starting by the end of his rookie season. Just a good, solid scheme fit and while underrated pre-draft, went right where he should have gone (Safety1) during the draft. Dolphins had another good draft where I think quit a few of those Day 2, Day 3 players will be early contributors (like Eichenberg). Also, I thought Richie Grant was Safety2 and I think Atlanta is a perfect spot for him.

Kirk and Isabella are outside vertical guys and they'll back up the husk of AJ Green. I don't see anyone taking snaps away from Rondale in the slot.

The Cardinals are really thin at the skill positions and Kyler isn't an anticipation thrower who can work with anyone. They need guys to win or make plays in space. Conner is a downgrade from Drake and very injury prone. His backup is a JAG. Edmonds is only a space player and has had injury issues. They play more 12 personnel than you'd think but they lost their receiving TE and only have 2 guys with experience, one of which is a blocking TE who was injured most of last year. Rondale is injury prone too but when he's on the field they're gonna need to squeeze a ton out of him. They really only have 3 competent WR/TE: Hopkins, Rondale and Kirk. Compare them to the Bucs and it's ridiculous how thin they are.

I know Isabella is more of a downfield guy...always has been...but he played a majority of his snaps from the slot last year. He'd be the leader in the clubhouse at this point.

Cardinals are thin at TE/RB, but they've got guys at WR. If you assume Green (who, is just about done) takes roughly the share Fitzgerald had last year and that you see a token rise in production from Kirk and Isabella...I'm not sure how much is left for Moore to eat this year. In the future...sure. This year...idk.

We'll see.

Advertisement
Why would there be a rise in production from Kirk and Isabella? Isabella is tiny and can't track a ball. He has no business being on the roster let alone being a featured player. As for Green and Kirk well they both played pretty much exclusively outside as RWR last year. Fitz was a big slot who was valued for his blocking and underneath reliability. So Green and Kirk can compete or rotate at RWR but neither were any good last year. Green was the least efficient guy in the league and Kirk ranked 98/127 by WRs for PFF (Isabella 120th lol).

Seems pretty clear to me that Rondale was a guy they targeted and felt would fall to them in the 2nd. He's been physically ready since he was 17, he's smart and he's gonna be heavily involved. I expect him to be 2nd in touches of the WRs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back