2021 Class Review (Part 1 - EEs+teammates)

Brinson is faster than Devonta Smith? Are you on crack?

My sources at Alabama expect him to run the 40-yard dash in the low 4.5s

He's so fast he *checks notes* isn't gonna run the 40 and his own coaches think he's a 4.5 guy. Idk what Brinson will time but he's 6'3, young and runs by dudes.

I'm either on crack or you're a dog**** porster who knows a lot less than he thinks. I'm gonna go with the latter. @Ethnicsands almost 22000 worthless forgettable porsts...makes sense why you think it's funny too.

Advertisement

He's so fast he *checks notes* isn't gonna run the 40 and his own coaches think he's a 4.5 guy. Idk what Brinson will time but he's 6'3, young and runs by dudes.

I'm either on crack or you're a dog**** porster who knows a lot less than he thinks. I'm gonna go with the latter. @Ethnicsands almost 22000 worthless forgettable porsts...makes sense why you think it's funny too.

What are you bringing me into your rant for?

Brashard may be as fast as DaVonta. And he's a smashmouth player to boot.

On Brinson, I found this blurb from an old LSU article on his recruitment. How much is true, I have no clue:

"Northwestern High coach Max Edwards, Brinson’s high school coach, told Rivals last year that Brinson is the most pure wide receiver he’s ever coached. Edwards also noted “He has great instincts, just the way he plays the position he has a lot of knowledge of that position, understands how to read coverages.

Brinson, who according to Edwards runs a 4.4 40 yard dash..."

https://deathvalleyvoice.com/2020/03/09/lsu-football-among-top-schools-elite-wr-florida/

ball is handed off and KK is well off the screen by the time he reacts

wide zone to his side. From shallow depth he turns his back to the ballcarrier and throws a weak arm tackle, leading to a chunk gain

his man goes in motion, upright slow reaction. Has 5 yards of depth on his target yet still beaten to the numbers and lacks the closing burst to finish. Lazy upright arm tackle attempt easily brushed off, 30+ yard gain

man coverage on slot wheel, loses phase. Good QB = TD

in good position but lacks explosion through contact. Upright and dips his head missing the tackle. TD

Advertisement

IMG recognizes the mismatch on the slot. Next play out and up TD. 2 drives and less than half a quarter played and they've identified the weak link. KK grabs and still gets blown by. Fails to regain phase before looking back to the ball, a cardinal sin I consistently point out that the board loves to argue with me about

miscommunication in zone and the CB appears at fault, but KK lacks the closing speed to even think about making a tackle here. General theme with him is very limited range, rare to see him rally to the ball and when he does it's with tepid pursuit angles

off man against the speed out. Notice the quick reaction and break but then sluggish close as the WR gains separation distance. KK has agility but really struggles with speed and explosion

he's actually moving backwards as he changes direction. That's a kid who knows his speed is an issue. Won't see sharp pursuit angles from him. Shaq was similar in space...but he was a thumping MLB

welp, looks like a Cane on this play!

not again!!

like tanking candy from a baby

@BoxingRobes @DMoney @Sebastianspipe

I don't think you have to be an expert evaluator to see what I saw from this game, but draw your own conclusions.

You realize in almost every clip he is playing 3-5 yards off the LOS or as a nickel, which he clearly is not. He is a Safety who is better when seeing the field. Not in 1-1 coverage from the slot.

The speed isn't elite but it is good enough with his IQ, IMO to be effective. Is he better than Avante or James Williams? No. Doesn't mean he is a bad take, kid knows ball, and needs to improve his physical traits, usually the case for all college Freshmen.

Did you take the time to see him chase Amari Daniels down to win the game against Central?

Last edited:
You realize in almost every clip he is playing 3-5 yards off the LOS or as a nickel, which he clearly is not. He is a Safety who is better when seeing the field. Not in 1-1 coverage from the slot.

The speed isn't elite but it is good enough with his IQ, IMO to be effective. Is he better than Avante or James Williams? No. Doesn't mean he is a bad take, kid knows ball, and needs to improve his physical traits, usually the case for all college Freshmen.

Did you take the time to see him chase Amari Daniels down to win the game against Central?
So you're just gonna handwave 10 clips that show he lacks the physical traits, many of which show poor ability in run defense which you completely ignored?

He started the game manned up on the slot but Northwestern moved him to deep safety by the 3rd drive after he was exposed so badly. As a deep safety he doesn't even get on the screen most plays. His lack of speed and range makes him a huge liability as an alley player, much like Hall or Carter but worse.

As for the Amari Daniels play this is what I found and all I see is KK taking a very soft angle against a 4.63 RB and #24 racing by him closing several yards of distance in an instant. When I played we called that a fence not a "chase down". I was no speed merchant but my fence angles were a lot sharper than that.

Advertisement
So you're just gonna handwave 10 clips that show he lacks the physical traits, many of which show poor ability in run defense which you completely ignored?

He started the game manned up on the slot but Northwestern moved him to deep safety by the 3rd drive after he was exposed so badly. As a deep safety he doesn't even get on the screen most plays. His lack of speed and range makes him a huge liability as an alley player, much like Hall or Carter but worse.

As for the Amari Daniels play this is what I found and all I see is KK taking a very soft angle against a 4.63 RB and #24 racing by him closing several yards of distance in an instant. When I played we called that a fence not a "chase down". I was no speed merchant but my fence angles were a lot sharper than that.

You would have said Ed Reed sucked if he lined up in the slot as a nickel cover guy.

LOL, 24 had a much wider angle, ran to the ******* end zone, how the **** gonna make that play.

And when you played at the D1 college level or NFL with and against Hall of Famers, we called clowns like you, jock sniffers. Proof is in the words that you use. Fence, chase down, etc.

Will he contribute, yes. Will he be a superstar, probably not. Kid is respected by all of his peers, and that means something.

You would have said Ed Reed sucked if he lined up in the slot as a nickel cover guy.

LOL, 24 had a much wider angle, ran to the ******* end zone, how the **** gonna make that play.

And when you played at the D1 college level or NFL with and against Hall of Famers, we called clowns like you, jock sniffers. Proof is in the words that you use. Fence, chase down, etc.

Will he contribute, yes. Will he be a superstar, probably not. Kid is respected by all of his peers, and that means something.
jennifer lawrence actress GIF

Advertisement
Back