2021 CB Philip Riley

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Philip-Riley-46050613/

6'1 190lbs 3-star CB out of Valrico, goes to 7A school Bloomingdale.

Was originally at Lakes HS in Tacoma Washington his Freshman year, then moved to FL.

Versatile athlete that plays both WR & DB, his Sophomore year he had 53rec 952yds & 9TD's on offense, he played CB as well & had 22tcks with 3INT's, his Junior year he switched primarily to CB, in two years he's had 50tcks & 4INT's.

He's a big physical Corner with long armed frame, has very good press man technique, he jams in bump & run using his arm length to reroute receivers & slowing down their rhythm & release, he has fluid hips for a kid his size, he stays physical at the top of the route allowing him to transition in phase & make a play on the ball. His backpedal is actually pretty good, most HS Corners have lots of wasted of motion & false steps, he does a good job with his footwork to stay step for step with the WR & has good bail technique in off Zone coverage. He won some good matchups against high ranked WR's with good speed.

I haven't seen any official speed numbers, but on eye test he looks fast enough & whatever he lacks in pure blazing track speed he makes up for with good physicality & sound technique. Kinda reminds me of Al Blades Jr.

He's a 3-star with an 88 rating on 247 & a 4-star on Rivals.

Holds offers from Clemson, FSU, Va Tech, Penn St, USC, Oregon, Minnesota (Rod Chance offered him at Minn & offered him again at Oregon), Iowa, Iowa St, Kansas, Boston College, Maryland, UCF, USF, West Va & TTech.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Any relation to his namesake that played at fsu in the 90s? Pops maybe? Sick athlete in HS.

Any relation to his namesake that played at fsu in the 90s? Pops maybe? Sick athlete in HS.
No, although they have the same name & he is favoriting FSU as his top school, this kid is actually from Washington.

He moved to Florida about 2-3 years ago.

Advertisement
Idk, he follows Coach Field & Patke.

I just posted him as a potential CB we could end up offering if we miss on other targets, which we usually do at CB.

We do, and our secondary recruiting misses a ton of local guys especially, but they always come through with some nice late signing day surprises (Williams, Dunson, Avantae). Living on the edge isn't ideal when building a great program, and their luck has to run out soon!

Sorry for tangent, but he looks pretty good.

How good were the wr on that team for him to not play wr last year. I mean those are some pretty dam good numbers for his sophomore year, 53rec 952yds & 9TD's.

This video is one of the better videos that I've seen that actually shows a cb actually doing work. They are obviously in a pass happy league. But this video really shows you his ability to cover.

Advertisement
Is he a corner or safety at the next level because i heard jit run a 4.7? We nees to take a look at this kid i could see his recruitment blowing up.

Easy to evaluate this kid... he had to line up against Arian Smith (Lakeland) Agiye Hall (Armwood) and Mario Williams (Plant City) all last season. However he did in those matchups probably equates to all of the offers

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back