2020 Scholarship Roster Management

Canesfreak2020

Banned
Banned
We had 72 scholarship players on our final roster at the end of this season, which means we used 13 less than the allotted 85 scholarships. Plus we have 10 scholarship Seniors and 4 Juniors leaving for the NFL for a total of 14 more scholarships available on top of the 13 previously unused scholarships. If Cleveland Reed and Brian Hightower come back, we would have 25 scholarships (which is perfect because we are only allowed 25 new counters per season). We have 18 HS players signed and Moise committed, which means we have 6 spots available for any additional February HS signings and any Portal transfers.

If we can avoid any players transferring out (and bring back Reed and Hightower), then we could actually get to 85 scholarships this upcoming season. Or very close to 85 if we only have 2-3 guys transfer out.

Advertisement
The cloud is lifting
1577650871873.png

If we can avoid any players transferring out (and bring back Reed and Hightower), then we could actually get to 85 scholarships this upcoming season. Or very close to 85 if we only have 2-3 guys transfer out.

Considering the portal and past experience, this is an enormous "if." If we have 80 on the roster week 1, 2020, I will be thrilled (and happily surprised).

Advertisement
Considering the portal and past experience, this is an enormous "if." If we have 80 on the roster week 1, 2020, I will be thrilled (and happily surprised).
Yeah your probably right. I suspect that at least 3-4 of our current players will probably enter the portal and transfer out, so we may end up closer to 80 scholarships. I was just stating the one possible scenario where we could end up at 85 under the current rules, but I agree it is virtually impossible that non of our current transfer out. I expect 1 or 2 Qbs to transfer off out team and Lingard is another possibility.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back