2020 rule changes

Advertisement
1. Sending an ejected player to the locker room is corny, glad they changed that.
2. Need to get rid of the first half suspension for the following game of a player ejected for targeting or at least change it to only being applied when a player is ejected in the second half of a game.
3. Lmao at two rules being changed/added that affected Alabama.

Advertisement
I recall several of our players wearing a velcro jersey over their regular number. It's now illegal?

I recall several of our players wearing a velcro jersey over their regular number. It's now illegal?

Maybe there was a situation where velcro was ripped off?
Even so, it was probably only during special teams play, so who cares?

I know, I know, the committee cares...

Advertisement

Seems like it. The sentence was poorly constructed.

It would appear that the NCAA is not just allowing players to slip a tank-top jersey on over the existing jersey.

Without more clarification, I'm not sure what the rule really means. There was an earlier reference to duplicate numbers, indicating that only 2 guys can share the same number (thus, we can have two guys with a #1 jersey, but not three guys with a #1 jersey).

Then, if you can't do any different kinds of jerseys, it would seem like if you want to put both #1 guys on the field at the same time, someone needs to completely change jerseys.

Because names are on the jerseys, I would suggest the following. We make up a couple of jerseys with a retired number (no name) in different sizes, and then when a player needs to switch numbers, they just throw on an old Testaverde jersey.

Who is wearing 0 for The U next season? If Baxa hadn’t transferred out he could have switched to 0, as recognition for all the clutch kicks he made last season.

And...ejections for multiple unsportsmanlike conduct and personal fouls? How would Miami had finished the Cotton Bowl against Texas?

Advertisement
Who is wearing 0 for The U next season? If Baxa hadn’t transferred out he could have switched to 0, as recognition for all the clutch kicks he made last season.

And...ejections for multiple unsportsmanlike conduct and personal fouls? How would Miami had finished the Cotton Bowl against Texas?

Ousman Traore?

Advertisement
Back