2020 Class

Canesfan101

Redshirt Freshman
I haven’t followed recruiting like I have in the past couple of years. I’ve got some questions for you all:
1) Where, if any, are the holes in this class?
2) Who do you want to fill those spots?
3) Who are the commits that are Underrated (ie. garvin)?
4) Who will be dropped, if anyone?

Looking forward to seeing the responses!

Advertisement
DB is a weak area.

LB we need another.

DT is ok, not great.

OL is shaping up be we need 2 more guys.

WR is solid. We prolly take another.

TE we are still chasing big fiah.

RB - Chaney is great but we are chasing a second.

QB - TVD seems like a talented prospect but QB is hard to project.

Underrated? Austin-Cave, C. Williams, Fleming, maybe Roberts, maybe Flagg.

DB is a weak area.

LB we need another.

DT is ok, not great.

OL is shaping up be we need 2 more guys.

WR is solid. We prolly take another.

TE we are still chasing big fiah.

RB - Chaney is great but we are chasing a second.

QB - TVD seems like a talented prospect but QB is hard to project.

Underrated? Austin-Cave, C. Williams, Fleming, maybe Roberts, maybe Flagg.

Thanks for your analysis

Advertisement
I haven’t followed recruiting like I have in the past couple of years. I’ve got some questions for you all:

1. DB recruiting is weak. We need to close the OL strong but good start. We need 1 elite LBer added. Possibly upgrade 1 spot on the DL.

2. DB - one of Pouncey/Ricks/Davis, Tennsion, Royal, OL - Walker, Dennis, LB - Flowe, DL - Jaquelin Roy

3. Elijah Roberts, Romello Heights, Austin-Cave, Darran Branch, Quentin Williams

4. Possibly Keshawn Washington, Tre'Von Riggins, Justin Hodges

This 2019' season will determine the finish for the 2020' CLASS and some developmental player's might get left off.. WINNING should definitely help boost this 2020' CLASS.. Their are a lot of big name recruits still connected with our Canes, I really think WINNING could only help UMs chances moving forward!!

Advertisement
1. CB, we could be adding possibly 2 more in Marcus Clarke & Brian George & are also looking for potential flips in kids like T Lee & Jahvante Royal (royal is a prospect they're waiting to see how he plays his Senior year before they put the full court press on).

Safety could also use some work as well, we have Francois, but need at least 1 more, they're trying to get Tae Williams & Tenninson back, Tae not coming & Tenninson seems bound for Auburn.

2. The remaining spots are basically for the best ones if they commit, Issiah Walker, Jon Denis, Darnell Washington, Justin Flowe, Rueben Hyppolite etc.. Not sure why people are mentioning Ethan Pouncey, he released his top 5 last month & it was Bama, UF, LSU, Auburn & Texas. He's going to either Auburn, UF or TX, his older brother Jordan plays for Texas & he's first cousins to the Pouncey twins from UF, in other words not coming whatsoever.

3. Tirek Austin-Cave, Elijah Roberts, Quentin Williams, Dominic Mammarelli & even Michael Redding & Jaiden Francois imo are underrated because while they are 4-star prospects deserve a bump up in their ratings.

4. This is a complicated question because who the fans on the board want dropped isn't necessarily in alignment with who the staff might actually drop. Most of our fans want certain guys dropped because of their star rating, but the staff doesn't really care about the rating as much as the fans do.

Washington imo would be the one dropped from this class, but Idk if the staff will because of how close he is to Francois. I don't see us dropping Hodges either due to the fact Rumph likes him, he's related to the Blades family & he really really loves The U. Riggins is another one that's unsure, Coach Stroud is a Lakewood alum & given they haven't dropped him yet & keep inviting him on campus leads me to believe they wanna keep him, but if we can find a better prospect maybe they do push him out, we'll see.

Also, the staff will continue to recruit other prospects that are currently committed elsewhere because if we have a good season we'll be likely to flip a few prospects later in the year come Dec/Jan.

Advertisement
1. CB, we could be adding possibly 2 more in Marcus Clarke & Brian George & are also looking for potential flips in kids like T Lee & Jahvante Royal (royal is a prospect they're waiting to see how he plays his Senior year before they put the full court press on).

Safety could also use some work as well, we have Francois, but need at least 1 more, they're trying to get Tae Williams & Tenninson back, Tae not coming & Tenninson seems bound for Auburn.

2. The remaining spots are basically for the best ones if they commit, Issiah Walker, Jon Denis, Darnell Washington, Justin Flowe, Rueben Hyppolite etc.. Not sure why people are mentioning Ethan Pouncey, he released his top 5 last month & it was Bama, UF, LSU, Auburn & Texas. He's going to either Auburn, UF or TX, his older brother Jordan plays for Texas & he's first cousins to the Pouncey twins from UF, in other words not coming whatsoever.

3. Tirek Austin-Cave, Elijah Roberts, Quentin Williams, Dominic Mammarelli & even Michael Redding & Jaiden Francois imo are underrated because while they are 4-star prospects deserve a bump up in their ratings.

4. This is a complicated question because who the fans on the board want dropped isn't necessarily in alignment with who the staff might actually drop. Most of our fans want certain guys dropped because of their star rating, but the staff doesn't really care about the rating as much as the fans do.

Washington imo would be the one dropped from this class, but Idk if the staff will because of how close he is to Francois. I don't see us dropping Hodges either due to the fact Rumph likes him, he's related to the Blades family & he really really loves The U. Riggins is another one that's unsure, Coach Stroud is a Lakewood alum & given they haven't dropped him yet & keep inviting him on campus leads me to believe they wanna keep him, but if we can find a better prospect maybe they do push him out, we'll see.

Also, the staff will continue to recruit other prospects that are currently committed elsewhere because if we have a good season we'll be likely to flip a few prospects later in the year come Dec/Jan.

Spot on as always LCE... I really like the class we've put together so far. I think Manny is looking for guys that fit the offensive and defensive systems we run plus guys that want to compete. If we have a good season I can only see our recruiting picking up and building off this class.

If guys are worried about stars they shouldn't. I see a lot of our 3 star guys who are fringe 4 stars getting a bump during their senior seasons.

1. Obvious Holes at DB. Hole at OL.

2. At DB would like Avantae Williams and Tennison. At OL would like Walker.

3. I think our DL prospects are underrated really excited for Elijah Roberts. Kid is a beast, he should be our highest rated D lineman and I believe he will be by the end of the year. Don’t hear much about Willie Moise but kid is elite at on both sides of the ball. Deserves higher rating. I think we will be pleasantly surprised of what we see out of Riggins. Lol we are all going to be like “ Hmm well **** he is pretty good” Flagg, Cave and Mathis are underrated.

4. I think K. Washington gets dropped, don’t see us dropping Hodges but definitely possible. If Riggins doesn’t show up, then he will be gone too.

Thanks! Because I haven’t been as involved this class, I figured some of the 3 star guys were just very underrated, similar to certain players in previous classes. In most cases the stars are a good representation of a player, but sometimes it is way off, so I assume there will be a ratings bump with the players you listed in #3. I try not to get caught up in it, but I was expecting a couple of the low 3 star guys to not be in the class especially if we have a good season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back