2019 WR target TJ Jones: "I talk to coach Dugans almost every other day"

View as article
Advertisement
Watch what happens with a real qb...Harley showed today what he’s capable of.
No doubt, at 6'4 perry see's the field way better and can get the ball to where he needs it in no time flat. Not only harley, but look at cager's production in this game and Savannah St. with perry in their. Ahmon will be able to get back to being Ahmon with perry at the helm, cause like kaaya, perry puts the ball on the money with most of his throws. Coach richt knows what he's doing as far as grooming perry, i think the big problem is, some coaches get to dialed into practice players, you got 2 type of players, practice all-stars and game day baller's. Some players are just not going to ball out everytime in practice, but come game day, they playing like a boss, perry is from that mold, which is why coach richt tried to do live qb spring practices last year.

That interceptiin perry threw yesterday, didnt hurt the team, and honestly he had a man open, just threw it short with that pressure, but Truth be told, all the receivers have been waiting on this. Had he not been suspended, he would've played against lsu, would've been a different ball game, especially if coach richt would've just let em ball. The relationship between coach richt and perry is developing slowly but surely, all of a sudden the plays are working.

Not that it's comical, but it is comical when you watch the last 4 loses and even in some wins watching coach richt calling plays when rosier was in, flippin back and forth thru the play-book at wits end trying to find anything that would work. The type of qb rosier is for an oc, he doesnt consistently execute plays that he actually had success with before, so that leaves richt heated an frustrated. When perry was in the game, he was executing simple plays but making high level throws, he has earned more Trust from coach richt. I think he'll start rosier again, which i wouldnt have a problem with, it'll either force rosier to play at a higher level or his days starting at UM, may soon be over, cause if what layed out yesterday happens against Unc, DRUMS-PUHleez!

Also, but most importantly, if perry can keep this up no matter who the competition is, that's how we'll get a t.j. jones or haslewood to come in knowing perry is a gunslinger. If those 2 come in or even 1, coach dugans can take at least 2 cycles off from recruiting and still be straight. One thing is clear to me, if we ever get the o-line situation straight, over the next few years the govt gone put this offense on the terroist watch list cause they getting ready to start terrorizing college football. To much speed & skills at runningback and wideout not too, than 2 tight-ends that got speed to burn.

N'Kosi Perry from Ocala throwing to T.J. Jones from Lake City?

Sounds great.

Love to see my fellow North Floridians repping for the Canes!

T.J. Jones: “I love the rivalry against Florida State, where everybody hates each other.

There seem to be a few odd exceptions on this message board.

But yeah, that's true for the most part.

Advertisement
I've never thought we were going to flip Haselwood, his recruitment always felt Holloman/Smith 2.0, will flirt with us but will stick to SEC in the end.

I like Jones ability, he's got prototype size at 6'1 185lbs & has good speed. His routes are very smooth, he sells them perfectly transitioning in & out of his breaks, he doesn't have a bunch of herky jerky head moves telegraphing his routes. He runs that 6 Dig & that Post perfectly, that's exactly how Coaches teach it.

He's a legit 4-star & can ball, he reminds me of Davante Adams. If we land him with Payton, our WR Corp for 2019 will be insanely deep with nothing but 4-stars.

We could potentially have Jeff Thomas, Mark Pope, Brian Hightower, Mike Harley, Dee Wiggins, Evidence Njoku, Marquez Ezzard, Jeremiah Payton & TJ Jones. Plus, Cager & Ahmmon could come back, although I think if Dugans is recruiting this heavy it tells me he's not expecting either one of them back.

Props to Donk though, by far the best Coach on staff both on the field & as a recruiter. Coach Dugz is ELITE!
I was close, thought it would be a $EC school, but I knew Haselwood wasn't coming.

Advertisement
Back