2019 South Dade WR Baker gaining Power 5 interest, hopes to hear from Canes

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2019 South Dade WR Najeh Baker was out at the Opening Miami Regional a few weeks back trying to put his name on the radar a bit more.

“I did alright,” Baker said on his camp performance. “I could’ve been better. I learned a couple tweaks here and there, just to make my game even better.”

The 5’10” and 170 pound receiver had a solid junior season at South Dade as the #2 receiver across from Frank Ladson and hopes to build on that success in his senior year.

“We did pretty well, we ended up losing second round against Columbus,” Baker said. “I did alright. I played receiver and returned punts. I had 396 receiving yards on 15 receptions and 5 touchdowns.”

Baker put some quality plays on tape last season and began attracting college attention. He is currently getting interest from low Power 5 and Group of 5 programs.

“Colorado State, Northern Illinois, UCF, Syracuse, Rutgers, and FAU,” he listed, while holding offers from the Knights, Orange, Scarlet Knights, and Owls.

So, Baker isn’t currently hearing from Miami, but he’d like to be.

“Yes, most definitely actually,” Baker said when asked if he’d like to hear from the Canes.

A good way to earn an offer from the Canes? Play your way into it on the field at Paradise Camp.

“I’m planning to be at Paradise camp, if I can make it,” said Baker.

The recruiting process is still in it’s infancy for Baker and there’s a long way to go for him at this stage to land on a final decision. When that one school does become clear though, what will that program have to do to separate itself from the rest?

“I don’t have a decision date in mind right now,” Baker said. “What I’m looking for in a program is the environment and what fits me the best, what school can I show out at.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back