2019 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
I knew DiMare growing up, though, he was older than us. He was a very good player for UM, particularly during his Junior and Senior years.

He will undoubtedly be an elite recruiter and a good coach. My worry about DiMare is him becoming complacent and lackadaisical. His first three classes seem stellar and the new assistant coach is fantastic, though, he will probably only last a year here... The team should be competitive this year.

Zero seniors and only 7 juniors..25 freshmen or sophomores, yet 13 2019 commits. I think only 27 can get athletic scholarship $$ so how is this all going to add up? Who are the 2019 recruits going to replace?

Advertisement
Zero seniors and only 7 juniors..25 freshmen or sophomores, yet 13 2019 commits. I think only 27 can get athletic scholarship $$ so how is this all going to add up? Who are the 2019 recruits going to replace?

Hopefully it falls in the "good problem to have" category, as opposed to several of the classes a few years back when we were scurrying to sign JC transfers, etc. in the twelfth hour. I also suspect, based on the PG ranking, that several of these recruits will never make it to campus.

I knew DiMare growing up, though, he was older than us. He was a very good player for UM, particularly during his Junior and Senior years.

He will undoubtedly be an elite recruiter and a good coach. My worry about DiMare is him becoming complacent and lackadaisical. His first three classes seem stellar and the new assistant coach is fantastic, though, he will probably only last a year here... The team should be competitive this year.

DiMare was handed the job without so much as a cursory search, would never even be considered as HC for any other P5 program in the country, and essentially has tenure because of his dad. Hope it works out, but everything Blake James touches turns to crap, so I have zero faith.

DiMare was handed the job without so much as a cursory search, would never even be considered as HC for any other P5 program in the country, and essentially has tenure because of his dad. Hope it works out, but everything Blake James touches turns to crap, so I have zero faith.
Guy has 15 years of major college coaching experience, I would have liked to se a broader coaching search as well but lets not act like he has no resume

hey how about this depth chart

P McKendry / Veliz / McMahon / Cecconi
C Quinones / Amditis
1B Gil / Toral
2B Escala / Paige
3B Vilar
SS Zamora / Tuero
LF Rivera / Lala
CF Jenkins / Crosbie
RF Cloonan / Moore / Pollack
DH Del Castillo / Gates

RP: Federman, Cook, Maury, Rivero, Keysor, Van Belle, Mantilla, Sparber, Gates, Ruiz, Mixon

Advertisement

Actually..... Look at Tom Izzo's CV prior to assuming Head Coaching duties at Michigan State.............

He played for Fraser and coached under Morris. He has the pedigree, but his "drive" may fade if he has too much early success. Last two years were unmitigated disasters, but this seems to be a great recruiting class!

Actually..... Look at Tom Izzo's CV prior to assuming Head Coaching duties at Michigan State.............

He played for Fraser and coached under Morris. He has the pedigree, but his "drive" may fade if he has too much early success. Last two years were unmitigated disasters, but this seems to be a great recruiting class!

Was Tom Izzo's dad a major booster for MSU?

Giving the program to DiMare was lazy and half assed like everything Blake James does.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back