2019 NFL Draft Eligible Cane Predictions

J_E_F_F

Sophomore
Who’s going to blow the combine away? Personally I think Travis Homer is going to land top 5 amongst RB drills. I also think Sheldrick Redwine playing CB at the Senior Bowl will be a nice showcase of his versatility.

I put together a few predictions of where I would expect Miami’s draftees to land:

Gerald Willis round 2 - Miami Dolphins
First off the board and staying local. At the beginning of the offseason I remember being a spectator and seeing the board in shambles over McIntosh and Norton both peacing (dumb) but there was literally 0 drop of with GWIII proving that the offseason hype was real. Willis was named team MVP and was the key driver of a top 5 defense that put Manny on the trajectory to become our new HC. The Dolphins without Suh lacked an interior prescense and got gashed all year. I believe his ceiling is elite and his floor is a very servicable staple of a defense.
Comp: Gerald McCoy

Joe Jackson round 2 - Minnesota Vikings
Parting is such sweet sorrow.... I remember like it was yesterday this kid his freshman year being absolutely unstoppable and although his previous 2 seasons didn’t replicate his freshman production, he showed exquisite pass rush ability and leadership. A true hurricane through thick and thin, I believe he will be a starter in 2019 at some point. Will Everson Griffin being an unknown after mental breakdown, The Vikings pull the trigger on Jackson as an insurance policy and groom him to become the next great Miami pro passrusher
Comp: Danelle Hunter

Michael Jackson round 2 - Houston Texans
This dude came out of no where last year. He was deemed practically useless when he got reps before being a fulltime starter. Manny was able to unleash the beast and he was on absolute lockdown the past two seasons. I believe he fell off the map this year due to Miami’s down year and I don’t believe his testing will do him much favors as he doesn’t strike me as someone that will blow you away in shorts. Overall I think he will be a high end #2 CB for years to come.
Comp: Jimmy Smith

Jaquan Johnson round 3 - Seattle Seahawks
What more is there to say about this kid? He was the heart and soul of our defense the past 2 years. If he was about 3 inches taller he’d be a first rounder without a doubt in my mind, but what better way to replace Earl Thomas who is almost certainly done in Seattle than someone with a similar skillset? I think this is a perfect match.
Comp: Karl Joseph/Earl Thomas Lite

Sheldrick Redwine round 5 - Washington Redskins
The growth of Sheldrick Redwine has been an anomoly. The dude became a leader of the defense and paired with Jaquan to offer one of the best safety tandums in the league. As I said earlier he was taking reps at CB at senior bowl practice which I hope doesn’t hurt him too bad considering I believe he is a better safety, but I’m a believer he will thrive with the opportunity and showcase his versatility.
Comp: T.J Carrie

Travis Homer round 6 - Dallas Cowboys
Just when all hope was lost in 2017 with Mark Walton getting hurt, this kid burst onto the scene and the offense didn’t lose a step. Walton’s a classic canidate for a change of pace back for a workhorse like Eziekiel Elliot. Rod Smith isn’t very serviceable when getting Zeke a breather, Homer would be a plug and play almost immediately due to his vetsatility and speed.
Comp: Austin Ekeler

Darrell Langham round 7 - Arizona Cardinals
Langham has left his footprint in the hearts of the Hurricane faithful forever will his seemingly impossible clutch grabs. I believe even with the limited production that someone will fal in love with his size and clutch attribute.
Comp: Derek Moye

UDFA:
Venzell Boulware- Denver Broncos
Tyree St Louis- Miami Dolphins
Demetrius Jackson- NE Patriots
Tyler Gauthier- Jacksonville Jaguars

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back