2018 and 2019 OOC scuedules

We have a home and home with Michigan State coming up, as well as one with Texas A&M.

Miami Hurricanes Football Schedules | Future

I already clicked on the link. MSU is in 2020 and aTm is in 2022-23. I asked about the unfolded spots in 2018-19.

CLICK ON THE **** LINK

MSU is in 2020 and aTm is in 2022-23. I asked about 2018-19. The MSU and TAMU series have nothing to do with my question.

I already clicked on the link.

The link answers your question. We have nothing lined up right now, and unless you're Mark Richt or Ba Lahke James, no one knows.

Advertisement
ND then LSU then UF then MichST then MichSt then TexasAM then TexasAM then ND. Thats quality OOC opponents.

Toledo really makes no sense still. I get it makes more sense financially not to pay a team 1/2 a mill to host a home game, but playing at toledo is ridiculous. App St is 100x better of a road game than ******* toledo. For these types of teams the deals we should be making are 2 home games for every road game. That would make a lot more sense for us and I'd bet these ****** teams would still accept it to have a top school traveling to them.

Toledo actually has a really nice stadium that holds nearly 40k. I've seen it packed a few times so it should be a good atmohsphere. I also think they're just as good as App St program wise. They beat #16 ranked Ark on the road two years ago, and Michigan around the same time App St did. Took BYU to the final second this year. I don't think we should be playing road games against any non P-5 teams but this is the same quality of game as App St. The only thing I do like about it is it gives the young guys a real road experience to prepare for ACC play.

ND then LSU then UF then MichST then MichSt then TexasAM then TexasAM then ND. Thats quality OOC opponents.

Toledo really makes no sense still. I get it makes more sense financially not to pay a team 1/2 a mill to host a home game, but playing at toledo is ridiculous. App St is 100x better of a road game than ****ing toledo. For these types of teams the deals we should be making are 2 home games for every road game. That would make a lot more sense for us and I'd bet these ****ty teams would still accept it to have a top school traveling to them.

Toledo actually has a really nice stadium that holds nearly 40k. I've seen it packed a few times so it should be a good atmohsphere. I also think they're just as good as App St program wise. They beat #16 ranked Ark on the road two years ago, and Michigan around the same time App St did. Took BYU to the final second this year. I don't think we should be playing road games against any non P-5 teams but this is the same quality of game as App St. The only thing I do like about it is it gives the young guys a real road experience to prepare for ACC play.

Are you a Toledo Rocket???

:11263323124_b207743

Toledo really makes no sense still. I get it makes more sense financially not to pay a team 1/2 a mill to host a home game, but playing at toledo is ridiculous. App St is 100x better of a road game than ****ing toledo. For these types of teams the deals we should be making are 2 home games for every road game. That would make a lot more sense for us and I'd bet these ****ty teams would still accept it to have a top school traveling to them.

Did the name give it away haha? I'm like a half Rocket. It's law school not undergrad. But message is still the same. It actually puts me in a bad spot because I'm going to show up to the game decked out in Canes gear rooting against the school I will have graduated from.

Advertisement

Did the name give it away haha? I'm like a half Rocket. It's law school not undergrad. But message is still the same. It actually puts me in a bad spot because I'm going to show up to the game decked out in Canes gear rooting against the school I will have graduated from.

I plan to make the trip up I-75 to see that game. Hopefully, tickets will be reasonable.

I plan to make the trip up I-75 to see that game. Hopefully, tickets will be reasonable.

When Missouri came here a few years back I think tickets were still available from $15-25 on up. There isn't a bad seat in the house though so if you buy the cheap tickets you'll have a good view.

Miami was supposed to play Rutgers in 2018 and 2019 but Rutgers backed out and replaced us with Boston College. LINK

Advertisement
A Pac12 team would be ideal - Oregon or UDub would be one helluva road trip

I would prefer Cal or UCLA... Those programs are never afraid to schedule a tough OOC game.

Doubt Cal would be willing to travel here. They barely have enough money in their football program to walk to their stadium on gamedays.

UCLA or USC are willing to schedule tough games. And as awesome as I think it would be to play USC, I think it makes more sense for us to schedule schools like UF, UGA, LSU, UT, tOSU, Texas, or Oklahoma.

Advertisement
I would prefer Cal or UCLA... Those programs are never afraid to schedule a tough OOC game.

Doubt Cal would be willing to travel here. They barely have enough money in their football program to walk to their stadium on gamedays.

UCLA or USC are willing to schedule tough games. And as awesome as I think it would be to play USC, I think it makes more sense for us to schedule schools like UF, UGA, LSU, UT, tOSU, Texas, or Oklahoma.
I don't disagree with that at all, but out of that group it seems like LSU & Oklahoma would be the only ones willing to schedule us.

I highly doubt Smart will ever schedule Miami, it's way too much of a lose lose situation for him...
We all know UF is scared ****less & after we whoop their *** in 2019 we probably won't see them for another 5 years or so lol

I don't disagree with that at all, but out of that group it seems like LSU & Oklahoma would be the only ones willing to schedule us.

I highly doubt Smart will ever schedule Miami, it's way too much of a lose lose situation for him...
We all know UF is scared ****less & after we whoop their *** in 2019 we probably won't see them for another 5 years or so lol

I'm fine with playing UF every 5 years. Actually 4 yrs would be perfect so that every student gets a chance to watch a Miami-UF game.
I think a UGA game could happen. Smart isn't their AD, and who knows how long Smart would be there for....or how long Richt will be here for for that matter. WHo knows maybe we win a title and he decides to retire or something.

Lately Miami has followed the standard non-conference scheduling formula of 1 Power-5, 2 Group of 5, and 1 FCS team. Most Power-5 schools follow this formula, with a few exceptions (FSU sometimes, South Carolina, USC, Stanford, Georgia & GT occasionally). Right now Miami has 1 Power 5 school scheduled each year through 2025. If they decide to schedule another Power-5 (as opposed to another group of 5), here's who has openings in 2018:

Big XII
Oklahoma State (No Power 5 on schedule, also has a 2019 opening for return trip but scheduled Oregon State in 2019. Next opening after without a Power 5 is 2024)
TCU (Ohio State scheduled in 2018 & 2019)
Texas Tech (No Power 5 on schedule, next opening in 2021 for return trip)

Big Ten
Michigan (Has Notre Dame scheduled in 2018 & 2019, so not likely)
Michigan State (Has Arizona State scheduled in 2018 & 2019, plus Miami in 2020 & 20201, so not likely)
Northwestern (Has Notre Dame scheduled in 2018, Stanford in 2019, so not likely)

Pac-12
Arizona (No Power 5 on schedule, next opening in 2021 for return trip)
Stanford (Has Notre Dame on the schedule, next opening in 2020)

SEC
Arkansas (No Power 5 on schedule, next opening in 2019 for return trip)
Auburn (Washington on schedule in 2018 and Oregon 2019 so not likely)
Florida (yeah right, they'll schedule FBS)
Ole Miss (No Power 5 on schedule, next opening in 2019. Next opening with no Power 5 in 2021)
South Carolina (Only Power 5 is Clemson, next opening in 2020 for return trip)
Vanderbilt (No Power 5 on schedule, next opening in 2019 but they have a Power 5 team on their schedule every year through 2029 and they typically don't schedule 2)

Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac 12 only play 3 non-conference games each year which makes it harder.
By the way...Houston has non-coference openings in 2018 and 2019. Blake should get them on the schedule NOW.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back