2017 Killian RB Bentavious Thompson - Sophomore Highlights

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4757150/bentavious-thompson

I've had the chance to witness him a few times. Love this kid as a prospect. Tough, big back, strong, moves the pile and doesn't stop moving his legs, gets the extra yards, can block, very good in the receiving game. He's a bruiser type of RB, he has good not great speed at his size, but this kid is what you're looking for to move the chains and to punch it in the redzone. In other words you can say, a workhorse. Can give him a ton of carries and let him chip away at the defense. A possibility he could play some receiver too, worked a lot in the pass game this year too for Killian.

About 6'1" 190-200 range as a sophomore.

First Killian RB to run for over the 1,000 yard mark since Lamar Miller.

Learned that he played on same little league team as Jaquan Johnson and Tim Irvin.

Their is an issue though, It's been said here that he is 18 years old right now. So eligibility questions could come into play during his senior year. I would hope if that's the case, Bentavious seriously considers trying to graduate a year early to be in the 2016 class year.

I am a fan of big bruising backs so this kid is a prospect I like very much.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hmm interesting. Basically the same deal as Calvin Ridley right? Calvin didn't play this year but will be an EE for Bama(God that hurts to type). Hopefully he could be an EE for 2016 if that were to happen

Hmm interesting. Basically the same deal as Calvin Ridley right? Calvin didn't play this year but will be an EE for Bama(God that hurts to type). Hopefully he could be an EE for 2016 if that were to happen

I believe the cutoff is 19 years 9 months. Calvin played in the first few games this year and that was it. Same deal that happened with Kelvin Benjamin at Glades Central many years ago.

I mean if it's true Bentavious is 18 right now as a sophomore I do hope he's considering moving up a class year cause he might not end up playing any ball at all as a senior at Killian.

I believe the cutoff is 19 years 9 months. Calvin played in the first few games this year and that was it. Same deal that happened with Kelvin Benjamin at Glades Central many years ago.

I mean if it's true Bentavious is 18 right now as a sophomore I do hope he's considering moving up a class year cause he might not end up playing any ball at all as a senior at Killian.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully he reclassifies then, it would definitely be in his best interest

I know this kid well and he is a good athlete but does not have the grades. He was in danger during the season of being ineligible so its sad to say his grades will always be an issue. He is 18 years old now so he would have to go prep school but I would expect this kid to be at a community college. When you measure him for where he should be as far as grade wise he is a better than average back but lacks break away speed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back