2016 Team

Advertisement
Relly you're simply uninformed ...

Did we or did we not start moving & grooving once Richt adjusted to Kaaya’s strength? I’m not saying our OL wasn’t an issue, I think u’ve mistaken my comment. Our OL has been an issue for a cool minute. U can go back & read where I’ve harped about being dominant in the trenches and recruiting real studs and real OT, G’s, and C’s and not make shifting our OL.

What I’m simply stating is that when the OL is weak, and u know it’s weak, u don’t keep calling power runs when that chit wasn’t getting you anywhere. U don’t keep calling RPOs when the R was not a viable option for a QB running a 6.0 in the 40. U best adjust to the personnel u have, and we finally did that at the end of the season and we started moving.

The players listed were good enough for 10 or 11 win season. You simply failed to mention these players could not overcome a wretched OL.
I agree, with a better OL it was a potential 10 or 11 win team, but not an NC team, as the OP suggested.

I hate to bring up the past but man how didn’t this team go undefeated or win 11 games. Obviously, we were a couple bad breaks away but this team was so talented.

Kaaya, Yearby, Walton, Gus, Homer, Richards, Coley, Berrios, Njoku, Herndon all on offense and in the NFL except for Yearby, Richards and Walton most likely.

On D we had Joe Jackson, Thomas, Harris, Willis, Norton, Mac, Pinckney, Shaq, McCloud, Corn, Colbert, Redwine, Jenkins, Jackson, Johnson, Carter. All are in the league as well except for the 3 lbs who are obviously still here.
Between true frosh, mediocre players and no OL, imo you overrate that team. Better talent than result, but not so great as you imply.

Advertisement
Back