2014 QB Brad Kaaya Update Request

Paranos

All-ACC
Would love an update or even article on 2014 QB Brad Kaaya from Cali., things have been quiet since his visit a few weeks ago which he supposedly loved.

Last Weekend he earned the #2 spot the California Passing down 7 on 7 while splitting time tournament MVP 2015 QB Taylor Menisk (who is talented for a Soph/Jr).
Kaaya reportedly had one of the strongest arms of the tournament and went deep nearly half the time with his passes averaging 2-4 touchdowns per game.

They discussed his only offer was UM, and that talk with Ok. St were heating up (which is deeply concerning and may be the reason he hasn't committed to UM).

Go Canes!

http://passingdownllc.blogspot.com/

2015 QB Taylor Menisk (passing down 7v7 highlights)
[video=youtube;4G-YMrSyT-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G-YMrSyT-0[/video]

Advertisement
Would love an update or even article on 2014 QB Brad Kaaya from Cali., things have been quiet since his visit a few weeks ago which he supposedly loved.

Last Weekend he earned the #2 spot the California Passing down 7 on 7 while splitting time tournament MVP 2015 QB Taylor Menisk (who is talented for a Soph/Jr).
Kaaya reportedly had one of the strongest arms of the tournament and went deep nearly half the time with his passes averaging 2-4 touchdowns per game.

They discussed his only offer was UM, and that talk with Ok. St were heating up (which is deeply concerning and may be the reason he hasn't committed to UM).

Go Canes!

No way a kid from Cali would choose Okie St. Over UM... Not concerning at all. Just seems like our staff is still evaluating

Ok St has been lighting up scoreboards and kids like Gundy.

My thoughts exactly OSU lights teams up quick and will drop 50pts & 400yds passing in the blink of eye. Not to mention Gundy is a MAN!

I am just wondering what is holding up his commit to UM, if the visit blew him. Kaaya has been on several visits to Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC, and ASU so he knows what is out there an can compare them to UM, I think there maybe something else going on just below the surface percolating.

Go Canes

The last time we heard about him, it was his mother who wasn't sure about Miami, no? He'll probably need to comeback visit with her to commit for good. (Maybe I'm wrong too)

Advertisement
Or he is just going through the process. One offer in April does not equal one offer in December. I think I'd prefer a non-commitment in April over a decommitment in January. I would love for him to be in the orange and green, but if he's not 100% bought in, then don't commit now.

The last time we heard about him, it was his mother who wasn't sure about Miami, no? He'll probably need to comeback visit with her to commit for good. (Maybe I'm wrong too)

The good thing is Ok St is only taking 1 qb in this 2014 class and they have 5 other QB's rated higher then Kaaya on their board that actually have offers.

Pos | Name | Location | HT |WT | 40yd | Rating
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
QB David Cornwell Norman, Oklahoma North 6'5" 235 N/A 4 stars

QB Kyle Allen Scottsdale, ArizonaDesert Mountain 6'4" 195 4.9 4 stars

QB Justice Hansen Edmond, OklahomaSanta Fe 6'3" 200 4.7 4 stars

QB Foster Sawyer Fort Worth, Texas All Saints Episcopal 6'5" 210 4.7 3 stars (TCU)
QB Mason Rudolph Rock Hill, South CarolinaNorthwestern 6'4" 199 4.7 3 stars

QB Brad Kaaya West Hills, CaliforniaChaminade 6'4" 213 N/A 3 stars

==================================================================================

As for his mom holding this up **** didn't see that one coming; well his dad has the money to fly them around so that shouldn't be a problem considering he wrote the fresh prince of bell aire and several other hits.

From IMD
Brad Kaaya grew up in Sacramento, California, but now resides in Los Angeles. He graduated from the University of California-Davis with a degree in Economics. Shortly after graduating, Kaaya worked on a movie set as a production assistant. While in Sacramento, he filmed and directed commercials; but it wasn't until he sold his first script he wrote to the sitcom "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (1990) that he started his successful writing career.

Brad Kaaya Sr. Full IMD bio and projects
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0433994/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Go Canes

Last edited:
Amazing that Okie State and, apparently, UM, have a bunch of QBs rated higher. His film was very impressive. I do get the impression that we might have others rated higher, although I would think we would love to have this kid. I don't know for sure where we have him ranked.

Paranos, how do you know OSU has these guys rated higher?

It's very early.. If he commits cool if not ok. Kid is very talented and probably just going through the process.

Advertisement

The good thing is Ok St is only taking 1 qb in this 2014 class and they have 5 other QB's rated higher then Kaaya on their board that actually have offers.

Pos | Name | Location | HT |WT | 40yd | Rating
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
QB David Cornwell Norman, Oklahoma North 6'5" 235 N/A 4 stars

QB Kyle Allen Scottsdale, ArizonaDesert Mountain 6'4" 195 4.9 4 stars

QB Justice Hansen Edmond, OklahomaSanta Fe 6'3" 200 4.7 4 stars

QB Foster Sawyer Fort Worth, Texas All Saints Episcopal 6'5" 210 4.7 3 stars (TCU)
QB Mason Rudolph Rock Hill, South CarolinaNorthwestern 6'4" 199 4.7 3 stars

QB Brad Kaaya West Hills, CaliforniaChaminade 6'4" 213 N/A 3 stars

==================================================================================

As for his mom holding this up **** didn't see that one coming; well his dad has the money to fly them around so that shouldn't be a problem considering he wrote the fresh prince of bell aire and several other hits.

From IMD
Brad Kaaya grew up in Sacramento, California, but now resides in Los Angeles. He graduated from the University of California-Davis with a degree in Economics. Shortly after graduating, Kaaya worked on a movie set as a production assistant. While in Sacramento, he filmed and directed commercials; but it wasn't until he sold his first script he wrote to the sitcom "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" (1990) that he started his successful writing career.

Brad Kaaya Sr. Full IMD bio and projects
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0433994/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Go Canes

How'd you get access to Gundy's "board"?

This dude cracks me up. Access to OK State's "board" and info on sitcom scripts.

Ok state offered the other QB's I named and not Kaaya to this point.

Here to share info about our canes, we all do our small parts good or bad.

Go Canes

i dont think we push for a big name this year, two guys that will compete and maybe be ready jr or sr year so i wouldnt be disappointed if he goes elsewhere

What's holding him back to commit is the fact it's April. Let the kid take some time to make a decison and get some offers, ****

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

Go Canes!

No way a kid from Cali would choose Okie St. Over UM... Not concerning at all. Just seems like our staff is still evaluating

That's either a tremendously ignorant comment or a blindly arrogant one.

Mike Gundy just got a 43 year-old man drafted 22nd overall.

On the bright side, it appears Paranos has learned there are players other than DT's on a roster.

Aaron has got jokes. In this class QB is just important as DT. I am still watching the guys in the middle.

Go Canes

Advertisement
From Daniel Tummeley at Caneinsider:

West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade High School is home to 2014 quarterback Brad Kaaya (6’4/217). The pro-style play caller currently holds one scholarship offer, and that offer is from the University of Miami.

Although, he only holds one offer, he is expecting to receive a few more offers once spring football rolls around. Schools other than Miami that are showing interest are Oklahoma State, Stanford, UCLA, Oregon State, Arizona State and Washington.

“They are number one.”

“Right now, it’s going to pick up a lot, ever since I’ve had the Miami offer a lot of schools have contacted me.”

His top five in order are Miami, Stanford, UCLA, Oklahoma State and Arizona State. “It’s a school that’s definitely high on my list, they(UM) are number one.”

What does it mean to you holding an offer from UM?

“It’s big time, Miami is a school I grew up watching, I really like all the coaches, I’ve developed a good relationship with coach Coley and coach Golden,” said Kaaya.

Although, Miami is on the other side of the country, they are the first once to give this California stud an offer.

“That shows a lot, that they went out and got me early. Coach Coley knew what he wanted and he saw my talent.”

The west coast native is no stranger to Miami. “I visited two weeks ago, I’ve been to Miami before. I have family down there, and it’s a nice place to live.” – Kaaya

At first Kaaya’s mother was not sure if she wanted her son to attend school on the other side of the country, but she has warmed up to Miami and their coaching staff.

“She was a little hesitant about me going across the country for college, but her and coach Coley have spoken a lot and he just assured her that Miami isn’t a bad decision for me and she really trusts me playing for coach Golden,” said Kaaya.

The talented prospect does not expect to wait until National Signing Day to commit to a school.

“I think as a quarterback it’s best to commit before my senior season, some time after spring football.”

http://acc.xofan.com/Miami/california-qb-brad-kaaya-has-miami-on-top/

This is just me but I hope he picks up them West coast offers before he commits as i would feel more confident with his commitment after he had the offers he wanted and still chose us.

Advertisement
Back