Alex Collins
Matthew Thomas
Denver Kirkland
Jamal Carter
Artie Burns
AQM
Beau Sandland
Kevin Olsen

i beleive you can make the argument that each of the above players is a top 5 talent in the nation at their prospective positions this year. i cant remember us ever having that kind of haul on paper.

Advertisement
It's a massive influx of elite talent. The scary thing is 2014 we will outdo ourselves. We are going into one of the strongest years in south Florida carrying Golden, Cristobal, and Coley in the holster. We're going to ransack the talent in this city.

It's like an old-school UM class. We win big next year like we should, and we wil be back to signing classes like this every year. The talent next year is just stupid though; you get one of those every 4-5 years (similar to the 2008 South Florida class). Our "small" classes need to look like this one (as long as we close with the guys we think we are going to close with).

Elite athletes all over the field again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I feel as if every year we talk about how the next class is going to be loaded. In your opinion, what has been the most loaded recruiting class of the last 10 years, excluding 2014? And where would the 2014 rank compare to those of the last 10 years?

i disagree. this recruiting class in south florida wasn't "loaded". there are top players at positions like there are always are. but, only one or 2. and we need to hit on the top guys. after the top guy at each position, there isn't much behind them, which is why it's crucial we get collins, thomas, kirkland, coley. this class isn't deep in south florida.

i disagree. this recruiting class in south florida wasn't "loaded". there are top players at positions like there are always are. but, only one or 2. and we need to hit on the top guys. after the top guy at each position, there isn't much behind them, which is why it's crucial we get collins, thomas, kirkland, coley. this class isn't deep in south florida.

Who said this class was loaded?

Advertisement
read "the dude" post above mine. he said he felt like every year we say the next class is going to be more loaded. not the original OP's post. the dude.

read "the dude" post above mine. he said he felt like every year we say the next class is going to be more loaded. not the original OP's post. the dude.

I wasn't referring to this year (2013) class, I was referring to the 2014 class. I meant that each year we always hear about how the following years class is loaded. I distinctly remember in 2012 how people talked up the 2013 class. So I was just wondering what the best class if the last 10 is/was and how the 2014 stacks up.

I didn't look at my original post so if I mention 2013 my apologies for the confusion.

Advertisement
i don't know or remember people talking up the 2013 class. i remember there were top kids, but, not considered deep.

usually it seems like a class is load at 1 or 2 said possitions, 2008 WRs, last year DBs and WRs..... but what i like about this year is that it seems to be a very well balanced distribution of talent. There is 1 Wr that's clearly the best in SFL(Coley), 1 RB(collins) thats the man, 1 LB Thomas, 1 QB(Olsen thats a universal top 5 QB), Burns(a insanly talented CB or could be a S), Carter (Best S prospect in SFL)..........

and when we've been our best is when we've gone out of state for a legit QB and a couple key talents(Sandland, Standish, AQM...)

Advertisement
Back