2013 Maquedius Bain (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

-Blazed-

Thunderdome
He is committed to FSU right now but is starting to look again. I read he is strongly looking at Alabama and Miami right now.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;YMO-r42xOgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMO-r42xOgg[/video]

Dayum

Advertisement
Not to impressed. On the second clip he can barely get past a 5'11 center. Most of his clips are just him running and making a play, barely blocked...nothing that translates to DT at the next level. Also, the comp is garbage. He is a big kid that is athletic...I'll give him that.

Not a D1 DT. I like him as an OT but not without 3 yrs of development. Kid could be a monster OT by his Jr year though.

Advertisement
Anytime you a see DT prospect with highlights of him ragdolling the ball carrier with one arm multiple times....its a clear sign that the guy will be an impact player at the next level.

Not a D1 DT. I like him as an OT but not without 3 yrs of development. Kid could be a monster OT by his Jr year though.

well I'm not sure how you come up with that considering he has verbal offers from alot of big time programs. he has outstanding foot speed for a kid 6'5 280 pounds. take into consideration last year was his first full year of football. been a basketball player his whole life. I bet his senior tape will look alot better with another year of coaching and experience.

Advertisement
This video is not showing me a sure fire potentially dominant defensive tackle at all. I'm inclined to agree with PatrickCane's initial judgement. He seems to just be a big kid that can run. From the looks of this video, he didn't explode out of his stance even once, he showed no technique, and he seemed to lack strength (getting stood up by running backs and dragging down every player he "tackles" at his size isn't ideal)

The kid looks like a very raw lineman that can run. It's only a 2:30 second video though. Maybe some more positive things about him will jump out at me when another of his highlights gets released. For now, I'm not impressed.

Anytime you a see DT prospect with highlights of him ragdolling the ball carrier with one arm multiple times....its a clear sign that the guy will be an impact player at the next level.

For some reason that isn't what I look for as the sure fire way I know a DT will be an impact player on the next level.

Advertisement
Some of you should note that Bain has only played organized football for one year.

The lack of refined technique should be expected. Kid is raw and learning the game.

Not to impressed. On the second clip he can barely get past a 5'11 center. Most of his clips are just him running and making a play, barely blocked...nothing that translates to DT at the next level. Also, the comp is garbage. He is a big kid that is athletic...I'll give him that.

CityBOyCane??

For some reason that isn't what I look for as the sure fire way I know a DT will be an impact player on the next level.

go on. I'm interested to hear what skills Bain is lacking despite his one year of experience. Size? check. Athleticism? check. Speed? check. strength? check. All of that and the kid shows great natural instincts (nice job being able to knock down the ball with this hands).

Just don't say 'lack of technique'. This should be expected with a kid that has played one year of football.

Advertisement
Back