2 ACC teams in playoffs

Uom2001

Sophomore
Say Miami beats Clemson tomorrow night or in the ACC championship game and they split. Would we both get in @11-1 or get the shaft? Obviously long ways to go and the likely hood of this happening isn't great but it's possible. That would mean a W over what appears to be a good/decent UNC team along the way. SEC will get minimum 1 team, the Big 12 sux and Pac 12 is only playing 7 games. Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
I say without a doubt, unless one of the losses is a stomping. It would be hard to keep out Miami or Clemson if they split.

I'm not going to start thinking about it too much until after tomorrow night. We'll know where we stand in 29 hours.

It could happen. Big12 has basically ended any CFP chances this year and the Pac12 are not getting a 6-0 in over two 11-1 ACC teams. Ain't happening. Ohio State gets a BJ from the sports media every year for whatever reason yet every year they have one nocturnal emissions game and **** the bed.

Be weird if we both get in. That means we could potentially play Clemson 3 times in one season.

If these four all end up with 1 loss and all losses are to the other team, the ACC gets left out.

Bama
UGA
Clemson
UM

Advertisement
If you don’t win your conference you will not get in. Is that fair? No, but it is how the committee has to roll in this odd year.

Eh I doubt it because taint and the sec get sucked off every year. The hicks would have a fit if it happened. And also our conference needs to look good. ****** tech needs to continue to play well. Unc needs to not squeak out wins against Boston college. I’m just not seeing it. Maybe if we had 3-4 juggernauts it would be a different t story

If you don’t win your conference you will not get in. Is that fair? No, but it is how the committee has to roll in this odd year.

I respectfully disagree. Big 12 is out. Big 10 will have 1, pac won’t....opens door for 2nd ACC team. Although I think SEC will get nod...

Advertisement
I can see it but not that likely. Let's say we split with Clemson so both 11-1. Bama plays UGA in the regular-season so that could be two losses for UGA. Don't think a 7-0 Oregon gets in over an 11-1 Miami. Big 12 is basically out unless Texas or OKst runs the table.

Say Miami beats Clemson tomorrow night or in the ACC championship game and they split. Would we both get in @11-1 or get the shaft? Obviously long ways to go and the likely hood of this happening isn't great but it's possible. That would mean a W over what appears to be a good/decent UNC team along the way. SEC will get minimum 1 team, the Big 12 sux and Pac 12 is only playing 7 games. Go Canes!!!
If Ohio st goes undefeated I see them in. Also there is no guarantee if Miami wins that Clemson and Miami each end up with one loss probable but upsets happens. The SEC will say the same thing about Bama and Florida or Georgia if each team ends up with one loss that both should be in.

The 10 game SEC schedule helps all other conferences as it increases the losses for their teams. Need Florida to lose a regular season game. That way if the get to SECCG and lose to Bama, should be out. UGA will lose to Bama in regular season. I don’t see any others who could possible have 0 or 1 loss (besides Bama, UF, UGA). That’s why I am really hoping UF and UGA get 2 losses (with one of those each likely to Bama).

Advertisement
Back