1st-time HC from the "MAC"

MIATL

Senior
... beat FSU in a bowl game and finished ranked in the top 10 in his first season. (FYI ... I know Houston is in the AAC. If you don't get the reference, just move on)

But some of y'all think we can't win, at least, 10 games next year and beat FSU with Mark Richt?

I'm a member of Team-CMR! But if he can't take this roster and the 2016 schedule to, at least, 10 wins ... It means we had some serious injuries to some key contributors, or we may have hired the wrong guy!

This isn't about being some elite team to get to the 10 wins. But it is about recognizing the Coastal is not a very difficult division and FSU isn't head and shoulders better than Miami ... Especially playing them at home!

UNC just won 11 games in winning the Coastal. Georgia Tech won 11 games in 2014 when they won the Coastal.

Barring significant injuries, 10 wins should be the minimum expectation for Miami with a $4MM coach!

And guys shouldn't be making preemptive excuses for him, IMO. This team doesn't need Alabama's roster to win the Coastal ... We just need competent coaching.

Please stop with the excuses!!!

Advertisement
I'm a huge richt supporter I don't mind being wrong if it doesn't work out but I truly believe it will. He's always, ALWAYS been successful calling plays and he's going back to doing that. One of the best recruiters, and coaches in football.

UNC lost Williams,
Notre Dame lost several key players to graduation and the draft
FSU has no quarterback

I'm tempted to hold reservations becuase I know the pessimistic fan base will call for his head at the first sign of trouble but there's no reason why we won't be amazing the next two years with kaaya

Only question for us is offensive line, where we signed a championship and very successful OL coach. And cornerback

I think we beat one of fsu notre Dame and may lost to VT but we will have 10-11 wins next year with a legit bowl game

Advertisement
Our OL is atrocious

Did you know Clemson had an entirely new offensive line this season?

Are our guys unable to improve?

Didn't mean to down vote. What I found most impressive was the amount of talent they lost and replaced on the defensive front 7. Can't wait to see what this staff, esp Coach Kool can do With our Canes over the next few years. I expect to have a nasty Dline next year and to get better and better as time goes on.

Go Canes!

Our OL is atrocious

Our offense was atrocious. For all the Coach D hate and Brad Kaaya love, we seem to have overlooked the fact that we were 71st in scoring this year. Fixing the O is just as important as fixing the D. im confident both sides of the ball will get fixed. Our OL will be better.

Advertisement
This 2016 team should be much improved from the inside-out, which is a good foundation for success:

- S&C should be better, so the players overall should be bigger and stronger
- OL should be better and running a better-fit scheme
- DL will be worlds better

On top of that
- the OC position has improved a ton from Coley to Richt

I'm a little concerned about the DC, but willing to wait and see, but I can't wait to see what this team looks like next year.

Unfortunately as of now Houston is more talented with their athleticism. Some of you are really ignoring the lack of athleticism regarding our players. Coley is our only game changer at wideout. Our secondary besides Elder is slow. Our linemen are obese. Our dline is just hype.

Richt will get it right but it won't be 2016.

Clemson, fsu, and noted dame all have backups who would start or at least see significant playing time for us. They are at the point of reloading every few years, we are not. I firmly believe that we will be back there soon, but we aren't yet. So yeah, Clemson lost both lines, and what they did this year is real impressive, but let's remember that they replaced those lines with a bunch of 4/5* guys. We haven't seen a 5* DT in years. Lots of years.

Advertisement
Back