1st Bracketology

Advertisement
I saw that. I'm sure there's some algorithm giving him that info, but I mean, give me a break. He thinks our fall off is really going to be that bad without Wong and Miller? Football team has me shook, but I'm bullish on our basketball team. I'd take an 8 seed but I think this group is going to be better than that. Hope they are.

I saw that. I'm sure there's some algorithm giving him that info, but I mean, give me a break. He thinks our fall off is really going to be that bad without Wong and Miller? Football team has me shook, but I'm bullish on our basketball team. I'd take an 8 seed but I think this group is going to be better than that. Hope they are.
We were a 5 seed, lost our 2 best players, and he's now projecting us to be an 8 seed. I think we'll be better than that, but that's not a massive fall.

And it also wouldn't be a bad year. We were a 10 seed 2 years ago and made the Elite 8.

Advertisement
We were a 5 seed, lost our 2 best players, and he's now projecting us to be an 8 seed. I think we'll be better than that, but that's not a massive fall.

And it also wouldn't be a bad year. We were a 10 seed 2 years ago and made the Elite 8.

I mean, we're a top-20 team in pretty much every pre-season ranking, probably averaging around #15. That equates to a #4 seed.

Lunardi having us as an 8-seed means he doesn't even think we're top-25. Not sure I've seen anyone else that low on us

I mean, we're a top-20 team in pretty much every pre-season ranking, probably averaging around #15. That equates to a #4 seed.

Lunardi having us as an 8-seed means he doesn't even think we're top-25. Not sure I've seen anyone else that low on us
The difference between a 4 and an 8 seed on October 10th is miniscule. It's a complete shot in the dark at this stage.

BTW, Bart Torvik (similar to KenPom) has us 48th. The other models that are out (KenPom and BPI are not) have us outside the top 25. We've outperformed the analytics considerably the past 2 seasons, so maybe L has discovered a winning formula that the models don't capture, but maybe that's not sustainable. It's possible he just based it on those metrics. Also, I just checked a few sites and our national title odds are in the 20-25 range; that equates to a ~6 seed.

Anyways, I don't really care lol I don't think you do either. I'm just saying it doesn't mean much that Lunardi has as an 8 seed in early October.

Advertisement

I don’t disagree with you. Maybe I’m just still salty since I think we were better than a 5 seed last year 😂

Guy had us out in the 1st round this past year. Kudos to him for being first to the whole 'bracketology' game but he's been lapped by the field at this point

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back