~

I am a triple alumnus of the University of Miami and attended my first game in 1996 when I was 9 years old. My family had season tickets through the 90's and into the 2000's and after leaving the state for college for two, I transferred back to Miami to get my degree. With that said, I cannot tell you how happy I am that I'm not local anymore. We not only have one of the worst and least realistic fanbases in America, but we also have an administration and athletic department who have been slowly killing our athletic program from the inside for the better part for the last 15 years.

Academically, we continue to plummet in the national rankings and are now tied with FSU. As much as many hated Shalala, she was a huge reason why Miami became a top 50 university. Athletically, please name the last strong hire we've made in any sport? Maybe Larranaga in 2011, and he practically begged for the job! What's worse is that with the exception of a few instances, the majority of the hires that have been made, whether it be sport-specific or in the AD, have been extremely nepotistic. For example:
- 2001: Larry Coker (Butch Davis' OC)
- 2007: Randy Shannon (Larry Coker's DC)
- 2013: Blake James (Interim AD when Eichorst left before being made permanent)
- 2018: Gino DiMare (Jim Morris' HC in waiting)
- 2019: Manny Diaz (Mark Richt's DC)

Whether or not Diaz pans out or not (have my doubts like the rest of us) I have seen enough these almost 20 years to know that this university continues to show ineptitude when it comes to leadership and that, as a once proud alumnus, is extremely dejecting.

Advertisement
I thank God you're not local anymore too.

LOL at the "look at me I went to UM" post ....you're not the only alumnus here , pal

P.S.
fa3.gif

Advertisement
Back