13 commits avg rating 3.62

bigdaddiee

Recruit
Dear Miami fans- Miami prospects we have a really nice class coming in and if we are to land some of the big fish like Boggle,Stevenson, Neal, Haselwood, Tj Jones,Zipperer, Summerall, and a couple of the ny guys we will have a top 5 class based upon star ratings. Let’s calmdown take a breath give coach Richt a chance to make some good hires and stop being dramatic. If a kid wants to decommitt let him if he wants to recommit let him. Miami fans get your s h I t together and stop acting like the world is coming to an end. There is plenty of talent in Florida that wants to be at the U. Their is enough talent here that Ucf has gone undefeated for 2 years. Coach Richt has 2 more years to prove himself if he don’t the answer maybe near by like coach Heupel. Let’s go find a defensive coordinator who wants to attack and continue to put pressure on coach Richt to hire an OC

Advertisement
Not getting Neal, and the Lakeland duo is likely headed to UF.

I hate when fans do this average star ranking bull****. I got on UF fans for doing that crap last cycle, not going to look like a hypocrite on this one. Our current state of affairs in recruiting suck right now. The quicker you accept this, the less disappointed you'll be.

Math is fun. If you sign a 5* WR, a 4* WR, a 3* TE, and a 3* OL on offense, that averages out to a 3.75. But finish without a QB or RB, and only 1 OL too often and you won't be able to field an offense.

Quality matters, but Quantity also matters. Especially at positions of need.

At the end of the day.....Stars and recruiting rankings dont mean squat. You can probably name just as many 4-5 star players out of high school who bust versus naming 0-3 star players that turns out to be a stud. Some kids peak in high school....some get better after high school. Hard work, desire, dedication, etc makes star players regardless of stars and rankings.

But what a lot of these players dont understand.....schools can only take so many players every year...period

Advertisement
Not getting Neal, and the Lakeland duo is likely headed to UF.

I hate when fans do this average star ranking bull****. I got on UF fans for doing that crap last cycle, not going to look like a hypocrite on this one. Our current state of affairs in recruiting suck right now. The quicker you accept this, the less disappointed you'll be.
I don't see the love for the Lakeland duo, Zipperer an undersized tight end and Summerall is an undersized defensive end who put up below average stats. Iwould rather have what des we have committed then Summerall.

Dear Miami fans- Miami prospects we have a really nice class coming in and if we are to land some of the big fish like Boggle,Stevenson, Neal, Haselwood, Tj Jones,Zipperer, Summerall, and a couple of the ny guys we will have a top 5 class based upon star ratings. Let’s calmdown take a breath give coach Richt a chance to make some good hires and stop being dramatic. If a kid wants to decommitt let him if he wants to recommit let him. Miami fans get your s h I t together and stop acting like the world is coming to an end. There is plenty of talent in Florida that wants to be at the U. Their is enough talent here that Ucf has gone undefeated for 2 years. Coach Richt has 2 more years to prove himself if he don’t the answer maybe near by like coach Heupel. Let’s go find a defensive coordinator who wants to attack and continue to put pressure on coach Richt to hire an OC

9116FDF5-D088-4CED-8BEA-A97E9D807442.gif

No point in trying to pour gas on a fire or crying into it. It's just exhausting reading all the negativity. Let's just wait and see how this class closes out.

I'd like to finish out 2018 with a win against Wisconsin.

At the end of the day.....Stars and recruiting rankings dont mean squat. You can probably name just as many 4-5 star players out of high school who bust versus naming 0-3 star players that turns out to be a stud. Some kids peak in high school....some get better after high school. Hard work, desire, dedication, etc makes star players regardless of stars and rankings.

The 2018 247 composite rankings list 3895 recruits. A grand total of 376 were 4*/5* kids. That's it. A shade under 9.7% of the ranked recruits last year were blue chip prospects, per 247. So you will have to forgive me if I am not persuaded by the fact that someone may be able to name as many 0-3* studs as blue chip busts. There are thousands more of them, per year.

Nobody is discounting hard work, desire, baby-mama-drama, ambition, attitude, complacency, injury, or just plain old bad luck (to name just a few things) as potential issues that can sink a star or propel a diamond in the rough. There are just so many factors besides talent that can impact a recruit's ability to maximize talent and potential on the field. And I firmly believe it is important for a staff to be able to identify 3* talent with great traits for their system or just for development, and blossom that talent into studs. But the composite rankings and associated numbers concerning where these kids get drafted strongly suggests 4*/5* kids have a better chance to make it at the next level and beyond.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back