12,000 more season tickets sold then last year at this time

By definition, someone wanting the program to fail is not a fan. Cheering against the team. Cheering for losses. Saying recruits shouldn't come here. None of that in any way relates to being a fan. Anyone at that point should just admit they are no longer fans, and choose another team. Those actions are what you do to teams that you are NOT a fan of.

Yet it happens all the time. Most recently I saw a sports center piece where two NHL teams were playing and both sets of fans were rooting for a loss so they could get the #1 draft pick in next year's NHL draft (supposed to be an 18 year old phenom coming out.

Its important to note that UM fans did not just start doing this overnight. They have been beaten down for a decade straight. ITs been bad hire after bad hire. Its been bad decision after bad decision. Yet some (so called) "fans" still think that blind optimism is the right move. Im glad Im not one of them.

Losing one game to get a draft pick is quite different from wanting to lose throughout the season, and lose our future in the sense of top recruits. Even rooting for losing one game is pretty questionable. Just admit it, you're an ex-fan. You used to cheer for the 'Canes, now you don't. But why bother pretending to still be a fan, just find a new team. Supporting your team has exactly zero to do with blind optimism. I want Golden gone if he doesn't have a complete turnaround this year, and if he were fired tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear. But I'll never cheer for my team to lose, period.

So if you ever get cancer you'll tell the doctor that taking chemo with all it's side effects means you are an ex-fan of your own body and to really show your body support you will just hope that your body figures it out on its own? To use the same analogy for recruits. If the cancer was from the kidney and had metastasized everywhere would you think it fair to take a kidney transplant after they take out the one with cancer? That just ***** over the new kidney when it dies (along with the rest of you) a few months later.

Well, you can make the analogy, but it's a silly and inaccurate one.

Advertisement
By definition, someone wanting the program to fail is not a fan. Cheering against the team. Cheering for losses. Saying recruits shouldn't come here. None of that in any way relates to being a fan. Anyone at that point should just admit they are no longer fans, and choose another team. Those actions are what you do to teams that you are NOT a fan of.

Yet it happens all the time. Most recently I saw a sports center piece where two NHL teams were playing and both sets of fans were rooting for a loss so they could get the #1 draft pick in next year's NHL draft (supposed to be an 18 year old phenom coming out.

Its important to note that UM fans did not just start doing this overnight. They have been beaten down for a decade straight. ITs been bad hire after bad hire. Its been bad decision after bad decision. Yet some (so called) "fans" still think that blind optimism is the right move. Im glad Im not one of them.

Losing one game to get a draft pick is quite different from wanting to lose throughout the season, and lose our future in the sense of top recruits. Even rooting for losing one game is pretty questionable. Just admit it, you're an ex-fan. You used to cheer for the 'Canes, now you don't. But why bother pretending to still be a fan, just find a new team. Supporting your team has exactly zero to do with blind optimism. I want Golden gone if he doesn't have a complete turnaround this year, and if he were fired tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear. But I'll never cheer for my team to lose, period.

So if you ever get cancer you'll tell the doctor that taking chemo with all it's side effects means you are an ex-fan of your own body and to really show your body support you will just hope that your body figures it out on its own? To use the same analogy for recruits. If the cancer was from the kidney and had metastasized everywhere would you think it fair to take a kidney transplant after they take out the one with cancer? That just ****s over the new kidney when it dies (along with the rest of you) a few months later.

Jesus H did you seriously just post that?

The "thought" process is quite amazing, isn't it?

The stupidity of the slurper brigade is astonishing. It's beyond myopia. It's borderline sociopathic.

It's like a masochistic fetish where they derive some kind of self gratification by watching their team get beat down week in and week out.

Advertisement
The stupidity of the slurper brigade is astonishing. It's beyond myopia. It's borderline sociopathic.

It's like a masochistic fetish where they derive some kind of self gratification by watching their team get beat down week in and week out.

Stupidity is referring to some imaginary "slurper brigade" when most of those you are babbling about aren't happy with Golden, but don't agree with your pathetic riot mob mentality of completely destroying the program because you don't like how things have been going. Not believing in a counter-productive scorched earth policy does not equal "slurping" Golden.

Stupidity is referring to some imaginary "slurper brigade" when most of those you are babbling about aren't happy with Golden, but don't agree with your pathetic riot mob mentality of completely destroying the program because you don't like how things have been going. Not believing in a counter-productive scorched earth policy does not equal "slurping" Golden.
Winning 8 or 9 games is more of a scorched earth policy than rooting for 5 wins. Anything short of winning 10+ games and winning the ACC is useless for golden. He won't be able to keep recruits and he will be retained based on the idea that he's "making progress."

As much as I hate golden I would of course prefer to have the lights turn on for him and win 10+ games and the ACC, but I know that isn't gonna happen so I will take 5 wins and hope he gets fired to move the program forward. There is no in between. He should either win big or get the **** out. My guess is that he will be getting the **** out.

Advertisement
2 years ago when we was 7-0.. undefeated we had like 35,000 - 40,000 dans at the game.. even the great UM teams the orange bowl was empty. I mean u would think the way we go all in the message boards and twitter we would have a fan base that supported the team LMAOOOOOOO

2 years ago when we was 7-0.. undefeated we had like 35,000 - 40,000 dans at the game.. even the great UM teams the orange bowl was empty. I mean u would think the way we go all in the message boards and twitter we would have a fan base that supported the team LMAOOOOOOO

Most of the people on this board show up for home games, or are out of towners that go to away games. But there aren't 35-40K people on this board. So when I read posts about calling people out about not showing up, it's lulz worthy as they think they are speaking to the missing 20K fans and as if they have any clue who did and didn't go to a game.

Advertisement
Who cares who bought what? Lots of people buy tickets and don't show up to the games. Its cheaper than buying 1 game tickets. They're still going to pick and choose which game to attend.

Well said..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back