11 games left

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
To have a legit shot at an at large bid, I think we would need to go 9-2 over the last 11 regular season games.

And while that may seem like a tall task, we have actually gone 7-3 over our last 10 and our competition going forward isn't the strongest.

Advertisement
It is over. Unless they win the ACC, they will not make the tournament. They have 4 guys that batted .300 last year, and all are now at the Mendoza line. Not sure what happened. Burns, Hackett and Davison busted. Amidtis was the only player that performed to what was expected and he suffered an early injury. Pitching was solid until Leopore tired. Romy improved but not nearly enough.

I was optimistic. We had 12 seemingly good batters and I figured that competition would bring out everyone's best. Am really disappointed.

More of the same in 2018, since we will have to rely on freshman, or players that failed this season. Not sure if they should bring back Davison, Gali or HAckett. Might be best to let them return but offer them zero schorlarship $.

You don't think 31-24, or 30-24 since the St. Thomas game doesn't count, would be enough to get us in?

Team needs a complete cleaning from the coaching staff to the roster. Since that won't happen, at least all the jc position players should be cut loose. There's more dead weight than live weight.

Advertisement
You don't think 31-24, or 30-24 since the St. Thomas game doesn't count, would be enough to get us in?

It probably wouldn't, but it depends partially on how you get to 9-2. If we go 9-2 winning 2 of 3 at UVA with the other loss against UCF maybe. That scenario would give us a signature series win and a 17-12 record in ACC play, while also significantly boosting our RPI with 2 wins on the road against a strong opponent.
That said I haven't seen any evidence that this team is capable of putting together a consistent enough weekend to beat a top opponent. If it's not a hitting slump it's errors, and if it's not one of those two then starting or relief pitching will be off. Where this team is most deficient is in leadership. It can't be overstated how valuable Willie Abreu and Bryan Garcia were in that department over the last couple of years.

It probably wouldn't, but it depends partially on how you get to 9-2. If we go 9-2 winning 2 of 3 at UVA with the other loss against UCF maybe. That scenario would give us a signature series win and a 17-12 record in ACC play, while also significantly boosting our RPI with 2 wins on the road against a strong opponent.
That said I haven't seen any evidence that this team is capable of putting together a consistent enough weekend to beat a top opponent. If it's not a hitting slump it's errors, and if it's not one of those two then starting or relief pitching will be off. Where this team is most deficient is in leadership. It can't be overstated how valuable Willie Abreu and Bryan Garcia were in that department over the last couple of years.

Well said....I have ZERO expectations against UVA or UCF! Not saying it's over but the Fat Lady is warming up! (No Pun Intended)

Well said....I have ZERO expectations against UVA or UCF! Not saying it's over but the Fat Lady is warming up! (No Pun Intended) 9-2 is very optimistic.

Why did 3 completely change the lineup for Sunday's game?

Sat Barr after he went 3-5 on Saturday. Had ******' Baldor playing 1B.

Batista had been leading off for several games until Sunday.

Used Lepore in relief for no reason.

Hey **** you 3.

Advertisement
Why did 3 completely change the lineup for Sunday's game?

Sat Barr after he went 3-5 on Saturday. Had ******' Baldor playing 1B.

Batista had been leading off for several games until Sunday.

Used Lepore in relief for no reason.

Hey **** you 3.

At least Pat Summitt had the humility to know when she was in decline mentally and retire gracefully.

Sadly it's probably going to come down to winning enough games to make the ACC tourney and then advancing to the championship game to save #TheStreak .

And I don't see that happening (playing in the 'ship, I mean). RIP.

Per Boyds World RPI needs report, we need to win 10 of 11 just to get a top 45 RPI. It's over Johnny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bethune 3-0
UVA 2-1
FGCU/UCF 2-0
VT 3-0

Go ahead and throw that Bethune 3-0 out the window. This team is an abortion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no reason to think we'd sweep BCU. Miami (FL) and BCU are comparable programs right now. Our RPI is 72, BCU is 74.

Our RPI is #5 in the state of Florida. A loss today and we're #6 in the state.

Last edited:
Canes win today and take two of three from Bethune.

Going forward we basically have to take two of three from Virginia and then win out.

Going forward we basically have to take two of three from Virginia and then win out.

Yeah, it's going to take 7-1 in the regular season and then 2-1 in the ACC Tournament. But we all know that's not happening.

Yeah, it's going to take 7-1 in the regular season and then 2-1 in the ACC Tournament. But we all know that's not happening.

I predict the 7-1 happens. We split the first two in the ACCT, then lose game 3 on a booted ball.

Advertisement
Back