1 more fun Defensive Stat

DiegoCane

All-ACC
In the past 2 years and 4 games we have played 22 games vs major conference opponents + Notre Dame and Louisville last year.

In that time we have held 1 opponent under 400 yards. WF to 361 yards. Which was there 2nd most of the season behind the 383 they got vs NCST
In that time we have allowed 10 opponents over 500 yards.

In the 3 seasons prior to Golden, we played 32 games vs major conference opponents.

We held 22 opponents to under 400 yards
We allowed 2 opponents over 500 yards.

I know offensive stats have increased over that time but its still pretty crazy to think about.

Advertisement
CIS should be saturated with "Fact Mines" so the slurers get all blowed up when they try to log in :)

1 opponent under 400 in 22 games. That is absolutely crazy. It has to be the least of any major conference team in that time span.

Advertisement
Yards don't matter. Except when they pile them up to get close and into your endzone. Funny part of it was Golden praising No D scoring defense with Randy so called undisciplined out of shape players lmao. It amazes me.

Advertisement
In the past 2 years and 4 games we have played 22 games vs major conference opponents + Notre Dame and Louisville last year.

In that time we have held 1 opponent under 400 yards. WF to 361 yards. Which was there 2nd most of the season behind the 383 they got vs NCST
In that time we have allowed 10 opponents over 500 yards.

In the 3 seasons prior to Golden, we played 32 games vs major conference opponents.

We held 22 opponents to under 400 yards
We allowed 2 opponents over 500 yards.

I know offensive stats have increased over that time but its still pretty crazy to think about.

Tweet this NOW NOW NOW!

Advertisement
I thought we held LVille under 400 this year?
That'd be 2 over 22 games?
It's still humiliating but just want fact straight.

Like Archer says, Butch would fix this problem immediately.

Through the last 17 games. Miami's defense has allowed 40 drives of 10 plays or more (sustained drives) yielding 20 Td's and 10 Fg's

For contrast, Miami's offense has had 17 sustained drives, resulting in 5 TD's and 8 FG's.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back