"‘Tarantula’ Greg Rousseau shines again in UM’s third scrimmage of spring; stats report"

LOL at all the dopey facquits on here who keep telling me Rick doesn’t use the media to tweak and motivate his players. That’s about as blatant a challenge to the manhood of our Tackles as you will ever see.
It's obvious Richt is using the media to light a fire under the OL, specifically the Tackles. This jab however was particularly vicious and it is quite clear that expects and demands substantial improvement over the course of the Summer.

Richt seems to be especially frustrated knowing that his Offensive Tackles are literally only thing currently preventing this offense from being a scoring machine.

Someone needs to step up during Sumner workouts. Hillery could step up into the LT spot thus kicking St Louis back to RT and Vaughn back to RG. Big Vaughn could cement the RT position over the Summer and going into Fall but I just don't know if he has the feet to play outside at a consistent level.

Advertisement
I sneaked into the scrimmage and was able to record a few plays with Rousseau on the field (don't snitch on me):

5huVbD.gif

who the **** is our groundskeeper?

Our tackles suck...especially 2nd team guys. Looks like Richt has reached his wits end. Not sure why he didnt go after a Juco tackle as it was painfully obvious to me that we didnt have a capable tackle on the roster last year after the sr's graduated. But this kids confidence should be through the roof. Let him loose like they did Garvin
St Louis is a capable tackle and very solid last season... we do however need another tackle and hopefully Donaldson is the answer as he continues to reshape his body

Last edited:
Our tackles suck...especially 2nd team guys. Looks like Richt has reached his wits end. Not sure why he didnt go after a Juco tackle as it was painfully obvious to me that we didnt have a capable tackle on the roster last year after the sr's graduated. But this kids confidence should be through the roof. Let him loose like they did Garvin

This, kid is going to be a player but lot's not act like he was beating Bryant McKinnie out there. Offensive line is a major issue specifically at OT. We desperately need a grad transfer that could add some minutes at RT.

At Louis is a capable tackle and very solid last season... we do however need another tackle and hopefully Donaldson is the answer as he continues to reshape his body

St Louis was our best lineman last year after the midway point.

Advertisement
"When he shows up in the LSU game, will this veteran tackle whip his tail and teach him a lesson? I don’t know. We don’t have anybody who can teach him a lesson.”

This is just sad

Article said he only ran against the twos.

I'm not convinced Richt was saying none of the 1st team tackles could teach him a lesson, just that the second team tackles couldn't dominate him.

I don't think he needs to have face McKinnie for us to be impressed. He just had 9 sacks through the spring scrimmages and should be getting ready for his high school prom. Color me impressed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back