2018 OT Delone Scaife commits

Advertisement
Never heard of him.... 2018 kid so the offers could come but the offer list is certainly underwelming right now. Anyway welcome to The U.

https://twitter.com/youngbull_51/status/751887986132918273
Both he & Leonard Lucas are heavy Cane leans.
But Delone has been rumored to be committing to the Canes for quite some time now.
He's in Geo's 2016-20 recruit database & both Pete & Zbrod have mentioned him committing over a month or so ago.
Very solid local kid from Killian, great pickup for the Canes.

Advertisement
Welcome to the U! I think it was Geo that said something about him being the best OL in South Florida for 2018

Last edited:
Advertisement
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Corey_Bender/status/751890150658023424[/TWEET]

Junior-To-Be Offensive Tackle Delone Scaife Is Staying Put in Miami-Dade, Selects the Hurricanes - Miami - Scout

Jam-packed with potential in the trenches, 2018 offensive tackle Delone Scaife is staying home in Miami to play out his collegiate years for Mark Richt and the Hurricanes.

Miami-based offensive tackle Delone Scaife is traveling just up the road once it's time to take that next step and strap on the pads at the college level, as he's now committed to the hometown Hurricanes after announcing his plans on Twitter Saturday evening.

Scaife, an intriguing offensive tackle out of the 2018 class that tips the scales at a lean 6-foot-4.5, 270 pounds, is brimming with long-term potential in the trenches, explaining why the likes of NC State, Syracuse and UCF have also wasted no time dropping off scholarship offers.

"The reason I picked UM is because whenever I visit or go to a camp, they greet me well and treat me like family," Scaife told Scout. "My relationship with Mark Richt is like a bond you can't break.

"What makes him an appealing coach to play for is that in the next two years, he's going to turn the program into a powerhouse."

There's not many 2018 offensive tackles in the state of Florida that pass the eye test and measure up like Scaife. He obviously needs to continue to pack on weight and get stronger, but does a good job of pumping his legs and doing everything he can to drive his opponent to the grass with tenacity.

Scaife flashes nice hand placement when operating in the run game, but also shows no problem sliding his feet and mirroring his opponent in pass protection. He's technically sound in that department as well.

Scaife has an outstanding frame and should really expand nicely on the next level, but hitting the weight room should be the top priority heading into his junior campaign.

"What a Miami fan can expect is a very aggressive and athletic offensive lineman when I step on the field," Scaife said. "My style of play is like no other, and I finish at the echo of the whistle."

Last edited:
Advertisement
His sophomore film looks great. He still has 2 years in HS. He will be a dominant force by his Sr. year.

Very athletic kid...you turn on the rivals Miami camp and he's one of the best linemen there. IMO Navaughn Donaldson and Kai-Leon were the only ones better

Advertisement
This is the kind of kid you need on the roster to make guys like Allen, Perry, etc look great

Advertisement
Back