Miami offers 2018 WR/ATH Warren Thompson (Armwood HS in FL)

01Canes

Senior
[PLAYER]802[/PLAYER]
2018 recruit Warren Thompson (6'4", 185 pounds) from Armwood HS in Seffner, FL has received an offer from Miami, according to 247 Sports' Demetric Warren.

[TWEET]707633565501100035[/TWEET]

Thompson runs really well for a 6'4" receiver and looks like a potential stud with tremendous physical tools. We're his second offer, as Louisville extended one to him a month ago.

[HUDL]athlete/5410997/highlights/295126393[/HUDL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Couple quick things...

- Tennessee offered Thompson two days after we did.
- Thompson visited Miami today.

[TWEET]709800855697039360[/TWEET]

Tenn recruiting strategy:

"Did Miami offer him"?

tyrone .jpg

Advertisement
Just named us his clear #1

Yup. Here's his comments from a Scout.com interview:

"The visit was great," Thompson said. "They were very sincere and said I was a high priority to come join the 'Canes. (Wide receivers) coach (Ron) Dugans is an amazing coach, and they also talked about early playing time. Miami is definitely No. 1, and will probably stay that way for quite sometime."

Thompson still has nearly two years of high school left on his plate, but is there a chance he could shut things down and make an early commitment?

"It's possible, it's possible," Thompson said. "After talking it over with my family and coaches, there's no doubt that Miami is the front-runner for me, but there's still a long way to go. I just want the cards to play out in my favor."

Front-Runner Emerges for 2018 WR/ATH Warren J. Thompson - Football Recruiting - Scout

Advertisement
2018 WRs I've come across within the state worth looking at

Kevin Austin - North Broward Prep
Amari Burney - Clearwater Central Catholic (great athlete and two way player)
Jacob Copeland - Pine Forest
Jermaine Eskridge - Jefferson
Brian Hightower - IMG Academy (Originally from California)
Damon Johnson - Champagnat Catholic
Miles Jones - American Heritage (RB/WR)
Isaac Lipscomb - Homestead
Elijah Moore - St. Thomas Aquinas
Terrell Perriman - Miami Central (Brett Perriman nephew)
Jamari Sweet - Plantation
Warren Thompson - Armwood
Dominick Watt - McArthur (I like him more at safety, great athlete and two way player)
Daquris Wiggins - Southridge (Miami)
Jalynn Williams - Northeast
Xavier Williams - Chaminade-Madonna (great athlete and two way player. Prefer him at WR)

Aside from Hightower & Thompson. Pretty much all of these guys have been on my radar for quite some time now. Austin & Moore used to play at the same school at Western over a year ago.

Last edited:
Edit: Scout's Corey Bender reported earlier tonight that Thompson committed to Miami. But now his mom is telling CaneSport that she talked him out of it and he's not committed anywhere.

F***ing lulz.

Last edited:
He doesn't look all of 6'4", but what he does look is fast for his size. No idea about his competition but isn't armwood generally a playoff team and gator feeder? I like it.

Advertisement
He doesn't look all of 6'4", but what he does look is fast for his size. No idea about his competition but isn't armwood generally a playoff team and gator feeder? I like it.

He's not 6'4.
Armwood is the best football team in Florida 6A, NOT NAMED Miami Central.

These 2 have played for the state title 3 of the last 5 years. Armwood typically feeds SEC. Gators being one, but Auburn, Vandy and others have gotten kids from there. It has been eons since Miami has gotten a kid from Armwood.

Yup, Armwood is a powerhouse and has been for as long as I can remember. I also don't recall ever signing someone from there which doesn't mean it can't happen though.

Advertisement
Mama wants to get paid!

Lets hope that's not the case...but this is kinda fishy....kid knows where he wants to go and mom shuts him down....doesn't smell right

2018 man.. She just wants him to wait and see. I would rather it be this early in the process then to have him commit now, just to decommit 2 months before signing day because he made his decision too early. Nothing fishy about that

Mama wants to get paid!

Lets hope that's not the case...but this is kinda fishy....kid knows where he wants to go and mom shuts him down....doesn't smell right

2018 man.. She just wants him to wait and see. I would rather it be this early in the process then to have him commit now, just to decommit 2 months before signing day because he made his decision too early. Nothing fishy about that

Precisely. He has two offers that I know of with more to come. He hasn't seen much, so let him see what's out there. The new shiny thing often isn't so shiny when you're exposed to other new things or perhaps it'll be even shinier as time goes on.

Advertisement
Back