A young Bobby Bowden

wacane

Sophomore
Light, in control, total command of the room. Mama's are going to love this man! We're going to clean up on the crootin trail! Thank you UGA. This is what a real coach looks like.

Advertisement
Bobby Bowden sold recruits and their families on God, Family, and Football.

It worked then and it works now.

Richt is going to do the same and he's going to clean up in South Florida.

Exactly this! Mommas love a God-fearin' man with a Southern accent.

[]_[] swag;2410010 said:
Maybe the god **** is just a genius recruiting tool?

It so happens that it's a recruiting tool but he's showed nothing but religion at his time at Georgia. Hes legit about it

Advertisement
Light, in control, total command of the room. Mama's are going to love this man! We're going to clean up on the crootin trail! Thank you UGA. This is what a real coach looks like.

Please, that is my biggest fear. Bobby Bowden would have been fired at Miami 10 years before he ever won an NC. Dude took 16 years and three Miami coaches with NCs before the system gave him a pity shot at a title. He was the biggest crybaby ever and a complete choker. Lord help us if Mark has NOT outgrown Bobby. Do you want to wait 15 years for the selection committee to give Mark a pity slot in the playoffs? He better be something a lot better than a young Bowden.

Please, that is my biggest fear. Bobby Bowden would have been fired at Miami 10 years before he ever won an NC. Dude took 16 years and three Miami coaches with NCs before the system gave him a pity shot at a title. He was the biggest crybaby ever and a complete choker. Lord help us if Mark has NOT outgrown Bobby. Do you want to wait 15 years for the selection committee to give Mark a pity slot in the playoffs? He better be something a lot better than a young Bowden.

He's already coached 15 years.

So if my calculations are correct, he'll win a national title here next year

When I lived in Tallahassee, I attended a church where Bobby would periodically come to speak.
Bobby takes the stand and the first thing he does is ask for everyone to pray for the players at FAMU, not just the players at Florida State. He wanted the city to embrace all student athletes, not just FSU's.

Bobby is his mentor and MR will get the parents; I just hope the divorce from UGA doesn't impede the progress that Miami demands.

Advertisement
Bobby Bowden sold recruits and their families on God, Family, and Football.

It worked then and it works now.

Richt is going to do the same and he's going to clean up in South Florida.

Exactly this! Mommas love a God-fearin' man with a Southern accent.

I agree. But it is not just the mothers, a lot of recruits from the Miami area are very religious, and it will help us directly with them as well. Of course, Miami itself is not the most religiously dedicated city, but a lot of the best recruits are actually religious and come from areas within Miami that have strong church presences. Someone correct me if I am wrong but this has generally seemed to be the case for me.

Hope you're right but Bobby did time at UWV before FSU.

He was a graduate assistant at FSU before anything

he also was gifted his 1st NC against Nebraska. first off ND should have been in that game and 2nd the officials practically fixed the game.

Advertisement
He needs to give the Bobby Bowden "clickity clickity click" speech.. Very good speech Bowden would give in one on ones with recruits he wanted at the close of there visit. It's fits our situation perfect for the upcoming recruiting cycle...

he also was gifted his 1st NC against Nebraska. first off ND should have been in that game and 2nd the officials practically fixed the game.

That was the pity I was talking about. Much like Butch's last year where Bobby had no business in the game against OU. He was always the poor ole boy who played Miami.

He was a graduate assistant at FSU before anything

You talking about Bobby or Mark? Either way, I meant HC time. Bobby was HC at UWV for several years after being and assistant at FSU. But yes Mark started out coaching at FSU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back