Coaching You knew it was going to happen.... [Turban contacted by Neb]

Advertisement
Meyer didn’t have to rebuild Ohio State. The Suckeyes had a bad transition season after Tressell was fired/quit and a few star players left in the scandal. They were rolling, 99-17 since Porter stole our NC. Six straight 10+ win seasons.

He didn't have to rebuild at UF, too, Zook left Him some talent.

But what He did at BG & Utah were absolute miracles, which leads me to believe He'll have NU winning 7-8 games out the gate if He takes the job.

rhett lashlee should be their guy

no big name is touching that trash bin
Unless it’s purely monetary I wouldn’t touch that if I was him. He could get a decent big 12 job in a few seasons. Parlay that even further. No sense in taking on a total rebuild.

Advertisement
It's a mess for Nebraska either way

This isn't the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, or early 2000s

Nebraska isn't near any fertile recruiting grounds and it's going to be tough to get kids from Cali, Texas, and Florida to come to Nebraska like they use to. Back in the day over 85% of their starters came from states not near Nebraska.

Nebraska was winning for several reasons to include running the option. That is an extremely tough offense to defend if you have the offensive personnel. The problem is, is HS kids don't want to play in that offense.

It doesn't prepare QBs, WRs, OL, TEs for the NFL. The same can be said for RBs.

The best thing for Nebraska to do, is to relocate.

He didn't have to rebuild at UF, too, Zook left Him some talent.

But what He did at BG & Utah were absolute miracles, which leads me to believe He'll have NU winning 7-8 games out the gate if He takes the job.
He was gifted Alex Smith at Utah.

Urbie won at BG and Utah, but didn't have to rebuild at UF. Zook left Him some talent, and he left, faked his medical condition because the wheels came off the bus

Nebraska needs to luck into a fantastic offensive scheme that makes it easier for kids to go there. They need their Lincoln Riley. They have enough booster money to get elite kids from Texas, Cali if they can dominate when they get there.

Problem is that goes for just about every other program. Good luck

Advertisement
Forget about Nebraska. The Urban Liar may get a shot at his dream job in South Bend.

You May Be Right Kim Wexler GIF by Better Call Saul

When you suck as bad as they have you shoot your shot. He was a terrible pro coach. Should have just resigned. He can recruit and I’d a winner. Nebraska could do worse, but with this guy, ya better spend, and have to give up control

Advertisement
Urb would have them in the CFP within 3-4 years. They have the money to make it happen too. But it ain't happening, the AD literally said in the first sentence "we're looking for someone with morals & character" lol

If I was them, I'd target Lance Leipold, Dave Doeren, or Kalen Deboer.

Advertisement
Nobody worth a **** wants the Nebraska job.

rhett lashlee should be their guy

no big name is touching that trash bin
Rhett would be great there. I think he can build a long term big time program.

Rhett and Urban will be the next year coaches at TAMU and Nebraska. I just don't know which one where

Advertisement
Back