2023 WR - Chauncy Cobb

Advertisement
That's my boy. Who ever you are that posted this. DM me. You will know who I am.
Cobb is one of the most athletic young men I have ever seen. He is an even better gentleman and student. Young man has been raised right. He will make alot of division one defenses look childish no matter what their height or ability level is. If Miami does not recruit this young man they are foolish.

Advertisement
He reminds me of another Clewiston speedster Oran Singelton Jr, who was an incredibly quick-twitch athlete with very good speed & explosive play making.

The 23 class is too stacked at WR to take a flyer on a kid like this unfortunately, we would have to miss on a lot of our top targets before going after him as a WR.

I actually would take him at CB though, he’d be a developmental player that with his speed & hands could be a very solid cover corner down the line...

However, there’s one big hold up, he’s apparently only like 5’7, which is pretty tough to get past at DB, as a WR it’s not as big of deal, it’s not really that big of deal as a CB either, but 5’8 is usually the cutoff for really short CB’s. You have exceptions to the rule like Amik Robertson, but usually 5’8 & up is where you’d prefer for your CB’s to be at.

This kid will most likely be a FCS or G5 player, but he has some good raw skills.

This kid is not a slow one and would burn any DB you put on him. For any doubters on here who know their stuff. Take a long moment and watch the entirety of his film. You won't find a DB who could handle him

Advertisement
This kid is not a slow one and would burn any DB you put on him. For any doubters on here who know their stuff. Take a long moment and watch the entirety of his film. You won't find a DB who could handle him
I saw the whole clip, he's not slow but he's not 4.3. Doesn't mean he can't get there but he isn't that now.

We usually let kids like this go and 2 years later they are killing it at Louisville, Ole Miss, Wake and Syracuse. If nothing else having a dynamic guy like him to return punts and the occasional scripted play on offense is worth the scholly IMO.

We usually let kids like this go and 2 years later they are killing it at Louisville, Ole Miss, Wake and Syracuse. If nothing else having a dynamic guy like him to return punts and the occasional scripted play on offense is worth the scholly IMO.
I do think it's worth taking a chance on a undersized kid here and there.

This year I totally understand why we decided to move on from Ibieta because we already have Brashad Smith, Restrepo & George who are all slot guys. This upcoming cycle we need to add something to groom.

Advertisement
I do think it's worth taking a chance on a undersized kid here and there.

This year I totally understand why we decided to move on from Ibieta because we already have Brashad Smith, Restrepo & George who are all slot guys. This upcoming cycle we need to add something to groom.
All can play outside
George is 6’1 and played outside the most of the three.

Not a take… maybe he’ll make a few plays here and there at a mid tear P5 team but will get eaten alive vs Powerhouse football teams. Also if you’re gonna hype a kid up don’t make it so obvious that this thread is made up by the same person.

The QB throws some nice deep fades fwiw The kid is fast and has fun moves in space. I’ll send his film to some friends. Not Miami, but he should get a D-1 ride imho Good luck and don’t be greedy. A free education and the opportunity to play football at the next level is a blessing. Sent

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not a take… maybe he’ll make a few plays here and there at a mid tear P5 team but will get eaten alive vs Powerhouse football teams. Also if you’re gonna hype a kid up don’t make it so obvious that this thread is made up by the same person.

By powerhouse do you mean the coastal lmao. And not sure what you mean about hyping a kid and being the same person? I've been posting at realcanetalk for years and just started posting here. Just because I have a few posts doesn't mean it's spam.

Only way im taking an undersized kid is if he is blazing fast or has insane short area burst like Darren Sproles. Especially this year when our evaluations has to be on point. There are so many prospects and we wanna hit on everyone. This the class that puts us over the top to say, yeah we back with a couple offseason. And our back like step on the field with anyone back

Advertisement
Back