2023 WR Board (2023 Edition)

I just seen Bama get a commit from a WR, a white dude, he is a 4 star and pretty fast, says he run 10.6. He is ranked 304 overall on 247 and rated 90.
Why I bring this up? Do yall think with all the WR that are in the top 100 down here, if we didn't get right, Bama would not be heavy after 1 of them, landed 1 or be favored?. I know they are recruiting Jean but he is not top 100. No Ray Ray, No Jalen and im not sure where they stand with Hykeem and Innis is gone. A 4 star is a 4 star but there is a gap between a player ranked #40 and a player ranked 300. Us getting right has a domino effect. Players like Innis are always gonna leave, even in our glory they did but the mass pillaging that has allowed SEC schools to climb to the top you stop that and it not only help us, it hurts them. That also goes for the parity people want, well some do. When you look in the top 100, I hope we see lots of Canes logo but if not you wanna see a bunch of different logos, not just Bama and UGA and Ohio etc. That goes for the top 150, top 250, whatever metrics. But the top 100 is where u find those elite difference makers who can compete with college players already

Advertisement
Just a note guys, I watched Jalen Brown highlights he reminds me of Ted Ginn, long strider, doesn’t look like he’s running fast but he’s moving. A1 deep threat especially when he gets stronger

I just seen Bama get a commit from a WR, a white dude, he is a 4 star and pretty fast, says he run 10.6. He is ranked 304 overall on 247 and rated 90.
Why I bring this up? Do yall think with all the WR that are in the top 100 down here, if we didn't get right, Bama would not be heavy after 1 of them, landed 1 or be favored?. I know they are recruiting Jean but he is not top 100. No Ray Ray, No Jalen and im not sure where they stand with Hykeem and Innis is gone. A 4 star is a 4 star but there is a gap between a player ranked #40 and a player ranked 300. Us getting right has a domino effect. Players like Innis are always gonna leave, even in our glory they did but the mass pillaging that has allowed SEC schools to climb to the top you stop that and it not only help us, it hurts them. That also goes for the parity people want, well some do. When you look in the top 100, I hope we see lots of Canes logo but if not you wanna see a bunch of different logos, not just Bama and UGA and Ohio etc. That goes for the top 150, top 250, whatever metrics. But the top 100 is where u find those elite difference makers who can compete with college players already
Yeah if we’re able to get 7-10 players out the top 100 I think that’s a pretty good number, but you’re exactly right

Players like Innis are always gonna leave, even in our glory they did

What about Innis and/or Miami made it a foregone conclusion he would sign elsewhere?

I don't know anything about the kid or his situation ... Or is it just due to Ohio State with its run of receivers going high in the draft?

What about Innis and/or Miami made it a foregone conclusion he would sign elsewhere?

I don't know anything about the kid or his situation ... Or is it just due to Ohio State with its run of receivers going high in the draft?
He is a front runner. Kids thats gonna go to the rosy situation. He was committed to OU. Teams he knows just gonna slang the ball all over, likely in the playoffs. 3 years from now, we are probably among that group of teams and those type of kids look at us differently. But some still will Leave for whatever reason.

Advertisement
Just a note guys, I watched Jalen Brown highlights he reminds me of Ted Ginn, long strider, doesn’t look like he’s running fast but he’s moving. A1 deep threat especially when he gets stronger
I've always used the words "effortless speed" with J.Brown, we're on same page. He just glides out there

Great point. Even at our peak Samari Rolle and Marvin Jones went to FSU.
But we kept Antrel Rolle, Sean Taylor, Ethnic Sands, Andre Johnson at home. it can never be get everyone or bust. It has to be get the majority and identify targets correctly. One year we took a lot of wide outs but missed out on Santonio Holmes. We didn’t care at the time because if who we got, but we missed on the one we needed.
Innis is going to be great, but so will a bunch of the guys we are after or who have committed.

Advertisement
He is a front runner. Kids thats gonna go to the rosy situation. He was committed to OU. Teams he knows just gonna slang the ball all over, likely in the playoffs. 3 years from now, we are probably among that group of teams and those type of kids look at us differently. But some still will Leave for whatever reason.

Nothing wrong with being a front runner and you got one thing wrong by calling it a rosy situation. It is in the sense that the potential to get a lot of targets is there. It isn't rosy getting to be the guy on the field getting those targets though. You're up against guys as good as you or better for that spot. You don't work for it or have it, you won't be playing.

The hardest choice you can make is signing with the best team you can. When we were dominating, you slip up as the starter, you might not ever get your slot back. You had to bring it every day as the guy behind you was grinding with the full intent of putting your *** on the bench.

You don't just have the guy behind you to worry about either, but the guy lined up across from you. He's facing the same thing you are to earn playing time. He's going to want to shut you down or even knock you off the field. The elite teams practices are usually harder than the opponent they face that week.

You can come here and play quicker in most cases. Just don't mistake going to an elite talent producing team as heading to a rosy situation. All those guys there really believe heading in that they're off to the NFL in a few years. Much more so than guys that come here or even below us.

Nothing wrong with being a front runner and you got one thing wrong by calling it a rosy situation. It is in the sense that the potential to get a lot of targets is there. It isn't rosy getting to be the guy on the field getting those targets though. You're up against guys as good as you or better for that spot. You don't work for it or have it, you won't be playing.

The hardest choice you can make is signing with the best team you can. When we were dominating, you slip up as the starter, you might not ever get your slot back. You had to bring it every day as the guy behind you was grinding with the full intent of putting your *** on the bench.

You don't just have the guy behind you to worry about either, but the guy lined up across from you. He's facing the same thing you are to earn playing time. He's going to want to shut you down or even knock you off the field. The elite teams practices are usually harder than the opponent they face that week.

You can come here and play quicker in most cases. Just don't mistake going to an elite talent producing team as heading to a rosy situation. All those guys there really believe heading in that they're off to the NFL in a few years. Much more so than guys that come here or even below us.
It is a rosy situation if the team has a system in place and fully functional, OL, TEs, OC everything in sync and u guaranteed to get target because they throw 40-50 times a game. If u thinking about getn beat out, u suck. These kids gonna back their ability.

It is a rosy situation if the team has a system in place and fully functional, OL, TEs, OC everything in sync and u guaranteed to get target because they throw 40-50 times a game. If u thinking about getn beat out, u suck. These kids gonna back their ability.

Trust me, there nothing rosy about going and playing for and against the best. You better have the talent and bring it.

I think though we're just saying it in different ways though. You obviously want to go somewhere you know if you do your part, they'll get you the ball.

Still, even the best players have confidence issues when they get to a top program. They might think they're all that, until that first practice and everyone is jacked making plays. You're no longer the biggest, fastest, and most badass player you ever came across. What you do at that point is on you. You're going to get your chance, sieze it and if you get your **** knocked in the dirt, get back up and keep working. Nobody sucks for self doubt, everyone has it. How you attack or conquer it is up to you.

Advertisement
OP updated. Did not age well at all. Can't believe I was worried about how we were going to find room for 5 WR in this class.

After reviewing all of our original targets, DT board stands out as by far the worst one, with the WR board a close second. Mario clearly has to make changes in recruiting these two areas.

Advertisement
Back