Word is fletcher is out for the season…

Players can decide to just run on field when they want?ario will tell u it starts with him.. no reason he should of been out there against Texas am.. did he get hurt his freshman year? How does his injury in off-season of when Mario was here have to do with Danny miaz years earlier?

I think a guy that has no remaining soft tissue in his knees was asked to take on weight too quickly and play too young, and he ended up with the equivalent of CTE in his joints. I said that was going to happen all the way back in 2019.

For the record, I also said Francis was built differently and the first true freshman tackle since Seantrel that I believed could stand up to the pounding. Zion was something like 200 pounds 18 months before he started v UF. That was reckless.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s not even worth a point to a point spread. Kid ran for like 2 ypc vs FSU
he averaged 3 yards a carry that game. there was also a true freshman starting qb who couldnt connect on a pass.
fletcher was a true freshman who was hurt and put up Posted 514 yards on 105 carries, averaging 4.9 yards per carry .

OSU desperately wanted him but you guys will go crazy over local scrubs that weren't highly recruited or guys who didnt produce and degrade a kid who had some of our best rushes of the year. Fletcher will be in NFL and this board will still be talking about how Chris Johnson wasnt used right.

Christopher Johnson didn’t show anything in the spring game. I saw his HS HL and wasn’t impressed on him also. No vision, elusiveness or instincts. Or power.

Advertisement
IMG_5738.gif

Advertisement
Kid will probably be a 5th round pick

Even that would make him a Top 10-15 RB. I know RBs are a position that can contribute early. But most get better from Y1 to Y3 in college, So there's no reason to think Fletcher couldn't take another step once he's back and fully healthy. Kid is really good if not quite great yet.

All that said, we legit have no reliable running backs at them moment. 99% of our 2023 production is unavailable with Parrish and Chaney transferred out, Allen and Fletcher recovering from injury. And either CJ nor CWH look ready (like CHW's potential though).

As crazy as it sounds, I would take 2 in the portal. Do we really want to trust that Lyle or Allen can take us to the playoffs if our portal RB1 goes down and Fletcher doesn't recover as quickly as hoped?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back