Who would we give a 2nd chance to in the portal?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a gut feeling on Rashada for some reason. Maybe it's diarrhea... maybe it's not.
lol . Man hes a starting qb on a real deal team as a freshman. They might suck but they have been known for ever. hes not coming.

Advertisement
Portal needs for next year-

Interior Oline - Need a starting Center/Interior depth.
DTs- Going to need at least one more for depth on top of the kid that just got here.
Saftey - One or two to compete for a starting roles next year.
QB - Bring in 2 guys compete for the starting job with the in house guys.
TE- Would love to bring in another Mcormick type blocking first guy. However this one is tbh since it seems the whole room is dealing with different injuries right now.

So thats 4-6 guys already, I feel good at LBer, EDGE, RB,WR, CB depth and don't think its a must to bring guys in there, but can take if the right guy is available.

lol . Man hes a starting qb on a real deal team as a freshman. They might suck but they have been known for ever. hes not coming.
The portal is free agency bro. Starting QBs will enter the portal for better opportunities. Especially if it means throwing to Trader, Smith, etc.

DTs- Going to need at least one more for depth on top of the kid that just got here.
TE- Would love to bring in another Mcormick type blocking first guy. However this one is tbh since it seems the whole room is dealing with different injuries right now.

So thats 4-6 guys already, I feel good at LBer, EDGE, RB,WR, CB depth and don't think its a must to bring guys in there, but can take if the right guy is available.
Doesn't Cam somehow have 1 more year to play?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Need to see how the rest of this year plays out. But I generally agree with this. One exception, we're not taking two portal QBs. Anyone worth their salt wouldn't go to a program that is taking another portal QB.

My top priorities right now in order of importance (subject to change over next 10+ games):
* QB
* Center
* Safety
* DT

p.s., it's nice not to need WRs finally (assuming Young end everyone else comes back and we recruit HS WRs well). Same for RBs, LBs and DEs.

Advertisement
Back