When most people speak of the next DC....

Advertisement
Why is it that your threads always lead to race and insults? I am noticing a trend.

Anyway, I agree and would welcome Randy back tomorrow.

Randy makes more at Arkansas than we could pay him.

It's all about money and we don't have SEC money.
Link. Shannon is a LB coach. I sort of doubt he's getting paid more than our DC. And, it's interesting that Arkansas went outside the program to hire a DC when Shannon was already on staff. If Bielema thought Shannon was a great DC, that's what he would be right now.

Advertisement
I could have coached most of those defenses. 2003 team had the greatest assembly of defensive talent ever on a field. Surprised nobody has offered him a DC job. Telling.

Link. Shannon is a LB coach. I sort of doubt he's getting paid more than our DC. And, it's interesting that Arkansas went outside the program to hire a DC when Shannon was already on staff. If Bielema thought Shannon was a great DC, that's what he would be right now.

Maybe RS didn't want to be DC. Bielema did make him Associate Head Coach with a hefty raise.

D'onofrio is making much more than Shannon. Shannon makes 400K at Arkanasas.

Maybe RS didn't want to be DC. Bielema did make him Associate Head Coach with a hefty raise.

He makes substantially less than the DC, that's for sure. Do you really believe he was offered the position and turned it down? Maybe you do. I don't. Since we will never know, we can agree to disagree.

Advertisement

Randy Shannon makes $400,000 a year. James coley makes $500,000 a year. No D probably makes somewhere in that range.

Arkansas current DC Rob Smith makes $500,000 a year. The same as our OC.

Al Golden makes 2.1m, Bret Bielema makes 2.9m.

Again, I'm not really sure where this "we don't pay for quality" and "you get what you pay for" mentality comes from. We, fans, are spending money. They, administration, are spending money. Just not wisely.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/randy-shannon-salary/

Stop. Just stop. You probably also believe that Fat Mario is getting paid millions at Alabamy. Corch Radio makes $400k at Arky and that was AFTER the "promotion". Go falsely elevate the $EC somewhere else.

People really should be banned for perpetuating the "we can't afford" myth. How many times does it need to proven it's not about money it's about willingness.

This school hired Randy and Al bc it is terrified of becoming the bad boy football first school that we used to be.

67893.jpg

Advertisement
Butch-HC
Shannon-DC
Dorsey-OC/QB coach
Harris-RB Coach
Butch's guy-OL
Butch's guy-LB
Butch's guy-DB
Butch's guy-DL
Beard-WR Coach
Carroll-TE Coach
Coley-Asst Head Coach-Recruiting Coordinator
Baez-Asst Recruiting Coordinator

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR 2015!!!!

Stop. Just stop. You probably also believe that Fat Mario is getting paid millions at Alabamy. Corch Radio makes $400k at Arky and that was AFTER the "promotion". Go falsely elevate the $EC somewhere else.

Shut up, Girl. RS didn't want the DC job? Plus, Mario was right to leave Miami. Working for Golden is career suicide.

Shut up, Girl. RS didn't want the DC job? Plus, Mario was right to leave Miami. Working for Golden is career suicide.

Reading your tripe on here is mental suicide, little lady. I heard Radio was offered several NFL jobs too. Turned them all down. Likes being an underpaid positions corch for a program that hasn't won a conference game since the best part of you probably ran down your momma's crack. Good day, keep that Pimp game tight.

Advertisement
Obviously being a Defensive coordinator for us vs. a LB coach for Arkansas is a better job and pay day. But for the same position job, the SEC is tough to beat.

"Falsely elevate the SEC" . You are going to tell me tell me that the SEC isn't cash rich and doling out the cash? There has been an infusion of money being spent in the SEC. Has there not? Take Bielema's example when he left Wisconsin last year.

From Article before promotions were given:
Arkansas’ nine on-the-field assistant coaches will earn a combined $3 million for the 2013-14 season, which is roughly $1 million more than Bielema’s 2012 Wisconsin staff reportedly received. The total doesn’t include money for other support staff members like strength and conditioning coach Ben Herbert ($300,000), on-campus recruiting coordinator Chris Hauser ($80,000) and director of football operations Mark Taurisani ($150,000).

Also in the contract is incentive compensation. Arkansas is — as with its other hires — providing a gym/golf club membership, courtesy car and sporting event tickets as part of the compensation.

See more at: http://arkansasnews.com/sections/ra...aries-set-3-million.html#sthash.ndmOLbnf.dpuf

Obviously being a Defensive coordinator for us vs. a LB coach for Arkansas is a better job and pay day. But for the same position job, the SEC is tough to beat.

"Falsely elevate the SEC" . You are going to tell me tell me that the SEC isn't cash rich and doling out the cash? There has been an infusion of money being spent in the SEC. Has there not? Take Bielema's example when he left Wisconsin last year.

From Article before promotions were given:
Arkansas’ nine on-the-field assistant coaches will earn a combined $3 million for the 2013-14 season, which is roughly $1 million more than Bielema’s 2012 Wisconsin staff reportedly received. The total doesn’t include money for other support staff members like strength and conditioning coach Ben Herbert ($300,000), on-campus recruiting coordinator Chris Hauser ($80,000) and director of football operations Mark Taurisani ($150,000).

Also in the contract is incentive compensation. Arkansas is — as with its other hires — providing a gym/golf club membership, courtesy car and sporting event tickets as part of the compensation.

See more at: http://arkansasnews.com/sections/ra...aries-set-3-million.html#sthash.ndmOLbnf.dpuf

My point was in relation to idiots around here automatically assuming and falsely repeating that Radio is making a killing and that Fat Mario left for a "hefty" raise. Neither make more than $500k. That's just people being lazy and assuming the mighty SEC is king of everything. Sure, they might lead in overall staff salaries but the difference at the top tier level isn't as large as people will probably assume. The only tangible difference probably is that their junk bottom tier programs like Arky are delusional enough to overpay whereas that doesn't happen in other conferences. Here was the top 5 from an article last year.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/...ffs-with-the-highest-salaries.html/?a=viewall

*Not that any of this excuses our frugality. Absolutely no reason we shouldn't be in the Clemson, FSU salary ranges in the ACC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back