Rumor What Recruit Targets Have Alonzo's Fingerprints On Them?

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
For you recruiting insiders...

What recruiting targets have Alonzo's fingerprints on them?

Given, I'm not sure what contact Alonzo is allowed to have with recruits, but at least from an eval perpsective, do you have any idea of what "his board" looks like?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm saying I have no clue what he truly does and how he contributes to bettering the program tangibly speaking
I agree. idk if anyone relally knows. I hope he has some input but again if he believes in ground and pound conservative bull**** as a way to win in todays football, then leave him at the tarmac. id purge the entire program of miami guys. we need innovators in gables bc we aren't out talenting the elite. we need to be schematically sound if we want to win big. any dip **** can recruit a top 15 class at miami. weve seen it first hand (see Manny, Golden).

I agree. idk if anyone relally knows. I hope he has some input but again if he believes in ground and pound conservative bull**** as a way to win in todays football, then leave him at the tarmac. id purge the entire program of miami guys. we need innovators in gables bc we aren't out talenting the elite. we need to be schematically sound if we want to win big. any dip **** can recruit a top 15 class at miami. weve seen it first hand (see Manny, Golden).
Like most things in life middle ground exists. We can be tough, physical, and still have a dynamic creative offense that is exciting and scores lots of points. We know he can recruit and he knows to cast a national net and not place all his eggs in the SoFla basket. If it were me once the offseason arrives you can give pinks slips to Feld, Gattis, Ponce, Steele, and Addae. This time try not to take a year hiring the replacements and prioritize the portal like your career depends on it. Players will need to be acquired in waves from spring thru fall.

Like most things in life middle ground exists. We can be tough, physical, and still have a dynamic creative offense that is exciting and scores lots of points. We know he can recruit and he knows to cast a national net and not place all his eggs in the SoFla basket. If it were me once the offseason arrives you can give pinks slips to Feld, Gattis, Ponce, Steele, and Addae. This time try not to take a year hiring the replacements and prioritize the portal like your career depends on it. Players will need to be acquired in waves from spring thru fall.
I didnt say we couldn't be tough and physical. we have to be. we need to be able to run the ball. the best offenses all do both well. even lane runs the ball better than Mario could have ever dreamed of. the difference is theyre able to adjust based on their roster construction at that point in time. they evolve w the talent and the game. I think they tried the ultra conservative approach is the way to win and based on injuries to the line and RBs, it wasn't close to feasible anymore. it has nothing to do with SFL either. our best back is from SFL. travis homer ran hard as **** and ran people over and hes from PB. Duke was as good as anyone we've had since 03 as a talent and player and hes from Norland. ****, even Manny/richt didnt place his all his eggs into one area. he got a QB from CT, Cali, and GA (Brown was a Manny commit). he got WRs from everywhere and they all transferred, stunk, save a few.

I dont think were getting elite kids on the skill to come in here. thats gonna take some convincing with on field results offensively.

I also dont see Mario getting rid of Feld who he brought from Oregon and I dont see him getting rid of his friend Ponce. I think **** get rid of OC and DC and DB coach. in reality, if youre gonna fire the coordinators, you have to fire the entire staff minus the HC. let the coordinators bring their guys in.

Advertisement
He’s involved plenty. You see him in the thick of it on gameday. You also see him visibly disturbed with what we’re seeing.
I still can't understand what that means tangibly. The way you described it he sounds like a ****ed off bystander but what will he actually do about it ?

Advertisement
I still can't understand what that means tangibly. The way you described it he sounds like a ****ed off bystander but what will he actually do about it ?
I sit at field level and you see him very active on the field and in the tunnel area. That’s all I really can say based on experience. He’s a lot more active than an Ed Reed.

I sit at field level and you see him very active on the field and in the tunnel area. That’s all I really can say based on experience. He’s a lot more active than an Ed Reed.
Active as in talking a lot ? Yelling at guys on the sidelines ? Zo aside I wish Jason Taylor could facilitate a meeting with Mario & Mike McDaniel so we can see what a real offense looks like.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back