Coaching Virgina Week Media: Mario, Gattis & Steele

Advertisement
Paraphrased:

Q: "How are players adjusting to your demands"
A: Large contingent are excelling, and the rest are working at it.

"Working at it" is his coach speak way of saying dudes he describes with this phrase shouldn't be here. That's how I am interpreting that from now on.
Yep. It's a slick way of saying a lot of these players suck.

Is Mario saying anything about how him and the coaches need to be better?
christmas vacation GIF

Advertisement
Steele admits that Miami's defense regressed with wrapping up.

Steele says the fourth quarter is where the tackling issues showed. It has been addressed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like that , I never thought of using that line. Just say they’re sore to keep from giving anything to the media. No lies were told , I know for a fact TVD is “sore“
We are trying to purge the soreness from the program

Can’t win until the soreness goes away

We will let it bleed out like they used to treat the flu

I think we as fans (myself included) need to take responsibility for the false expectations we created. I was the biggest one. I expected a 10-2, 11-1 season.

It looked like the players bought in for 1 game against AtM despite some of their limitations. After that, the buy-in appears to have faded with a lot of players.

As much as we want to ***** about the coaching, 90% is the players failing to execute. Now, maybe you can say that's coaching as well.

However, since the AtM game, I've made it a point to watch film reviews from Coach Hayes and H1H on YouTube. What I realized both offensively and defensively on failed plays is mostly players not doing their responsibilities either because they don't know or they're freelancing.

The film doesn't lie. Coach Hayes can look at the film and know what scheme we're running and what each player's responsibility is. When a failure occurs, it's usually bad technique or freelancing.

Yea, that's coaching because it's their job, but the players are doing things in the games that they don't do in practice and that's where the lack of discipline comes in.

You can blame the coaches, but if the player isn't receptive to coaching and discipline from practice thru the end of the games, it's on the player and he should sit.

We as fans are losing our minds, but those in the know, know better. Coach Hayes said before the season started that that transitioning is not easy and he's seen it many times over. Preseason he said he didn't have any W/L records for Mario in year 1 and that whatever he does year 1 must have improvement in year 2 regardless of going 10-2, 2-10, or 11-1.

He pointed out preseason that a 10 win season becomes the bar for the next year. That was my expectation for this year. I realize it was unrealistic even with TVD as the program is/was not where it needed to be for a 10 win outcome. I've changed to have no expectation mostly because they are no longer obtainable, but were optimistic at best.

Miami fans have suffered long enough, but we expect too much too soon and sometimes you have to take 2 steps back to go a mile forward because you were on the wrong path.

I believe in Mario. I do feel he'll get us to championship level. He will bring in not only better players, but players that fit the program he wants to build. It's just going to take more time than fans expected.

In Mario we Trust. That's what fans said when he was hired. It shouldn't change now.

Advertisement
I think we as fans (myself included) need to take responsibility for the false expectations we created. I was the biggest one. I expected a 10-2, 11-1 season.

It looked like the players bought in for 1 game against AtM despite some of their limitations. After that, the buy-in appears to have faded with a lot of players.

As much as we want to ***** about the coaching, 90% is the players failing to execute. Now, maybe you can say that's coaching as well.

However, since the AtM game, I've made it a point to watch film reviews from Coach Hayes and H1H on YouTube. What I realized both offensively and defensively on failed plays is mostly players not doing their responsibilities either because they don't know or they're freelancing.

The film doesn't lie. Coach Hayes can look at the film and know what scheme we're running and what each player's responsibility is. When a failure occurs, it's usually bad technique or freelancing.

Yea, that's coaching because it's their job, but the players are doing things in the games that they don't do in practice and that's where the lack of discipline comes in.

You can blame the coaches, but if the player isn't receptive to coaching and discipline from practice thru the end of the games, it's on the player and he should sit.

We as fans are losing our minds, but those in the know, know better. Coach Hayes said before the season started that that transitioning is not easy and he's seen it many times over. Preseason he said he didn't have any W/L records for Mario in year 1 and that whatever he does year 1 must have improvement in year 2 regardless of going 10-2, 2-10, or 11-1.

He pointed out preseason that a 10 win season becomes the bar for the next year. That was my expectation for this year. I realize it was unrealistic even with TVD as the program is/was not where it needed to be for a 10 win outcome. I've changed to have no expectation mostly because they are no longer obtainable, but were optimistic at best.

Miami fans have suffered long enough, but we expect too much too soon and sometimes you have to take 2 steps back to go a mile forward because you were on the wrong path.

I believe in Mario. I do feel he'll get us to championship level. He will bring in not only better players, but players that fit the program he wants to build. It's just going to take more time than fans expected.

In Mario we Trust. That's what fans said when he was hired. It shouldn't change now.
giphy-3.gif

The following is not actual statements by Gattis but one I wish were true.

Q: "There was a report of a team mom saying that you told the offense in the locker room that they were the worst group of dudes you ever coached. Can you confirm this report?"

Gattis:
React Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Did that team mom bang Gattis to

Advertisement
Back