Updated (Five-Star prospect Jalil Bethea has announced a commitment to Miami)

Advertisement
I ask going to be a little nit picky but doesn’t the #10 player in the country deserve a larger ceremony from his high school? No gym full of kids, coaches and teachers? I can’t imagine Archbishop Wood has 5 stars every year and this was not a big deal.

Advertisement
Coach L landing whales

awesome netflix GIF by Our Planet

so happy for coach L. such a warm person..I think the guys just love being around him and playing for him
he's such a breath of fresh air from the coach k's and the rick pitinos- just seems like a fundamentally kind and decent person. i met him briefly when i was a student about a decade ago (god ****, time flies) when he was delivering pizza to stanford and hecht to encourage kids to go to the games lol. that was actually the year we ended up having that huge run with shane larkin and the gang. bet he doesn't need to do that any more lol. it's always nice to see dudes like him have success- all the better that it's at miami.

Advertisement
Wild man. Elite eight, final four, top 3 crootin’ class. We’re a legit program and a force. Miami Hurricanes basketball. Who’d have thunk it.

I was coming here to say this and bask in it a little bit more. And also to say how nice it is that with basketball, you don’t have to worry about flip szn and all that nonsense. Generally speaking, if a kid commits, he’s gonna sign. So, we can actually enjoy these commits now and not have to chew nails until signing day. Ah, man, feels great to be a Cane.

Advertisement
Classic 247, they ruined his announcement. Played his vid and asked him about his commitment to Miami before he said it himself and actually committed. The crowd there learned he committed to Miami from the 247 reporters.
We could not even see the crowd. I thought it was just him and his family with the way the shoot was set up. It really watered down what should have been incredibly exciting.

Advertisement
he's such a breath of fresh air from the coach k's and the rick pitinos- just seems like a fundamentally kind and decent person. i met him briefly when i was a student about a decade ago (god ****, time flies) when he was delivering pizza to stanford and hecht to encourage kids to go to the games lol. that was actually the year we ended up having that huge run with shane larkin and the gang. bet he doesn't need to do that any more lol. it's always nice to see dudes like him have success- all the better that it's at miami.
He's probably still doing things like that, because the students only give a **** when Duke/UNC come to town. I was in grad school when L was BEGGING undergrads to show up, he was still doing that when I was in Law School, even though he had gotten 2 Sweet 16 appearances and multiple tourney appearances by that time. L will do whatever it takes to draw support.

Advertisement
Back