UNC Losing to Liberty

can we collectively as a group try to brainstorm and find out why UNC would even be preseason ranked? I know they bring back that good WR but they lost their two best players, Renner(their veteran and experienced qb) and Ebron, their all america TE/WR. I know they played well at the end of the season but come on. its ridiculous that they were ranked

Its supposedly because they really finished well to end the season last year, but they weren't exactly playing a murderer's row schedule:

NC State, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Old Dominion, Cincinnati

I don't see how winning these games gets you a top-25 ranking.

Advertisement
can we collectively as a group try to brainstorm and find out why UNC would even be preseason ranked? I know they bring back that good WR but they lost their two best players, Renner(their veteran and experienced qb) and Ebron, their all america TE/WR. I know they played well at the end of the season but come on. its ridiculous that they were ranked

Its supposedly because they really finished well to end the season last year, but they weren't exactly playing a murderer's row schedule:

NC State, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Old Dominion, Cincinnati

I don't see how winning these games gets you a top-25 ranking.

Kinda like how highly rated S Morris was after the 2012 season when he looked incredible at the end, but anyone who really looked at it would have realized the last 4 teams we played were hot garbage.

Pre-season rankings are a joke and should be taken with a grain of salt. They should wait for teams to play at least 2 games before offering any rankings.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back