Tyriq McCord visiting this weekend

Advertisement
I'll be ****ed if the Canes steal McCord. We really need linebacker help. You mofos got like 8 already, leave him alone :D

McCord looks like a player that contributes immediately and makes an impact. He already looks like a grown man. I hope we convinced him that he would be vital to this defense being able to win us an ACC championship.

Advertisement
Tampa Jefferson’s Tyriq McCord made no bones about it. He was coming into his official visit to Miami looking to strengthen his connection with the coaches and players.

This weekend, McCord (6-3, 220) had the chance to do just that as he got the full court press from Cane coaches.

“We got to eat real good and talk to all the coaches,” McCord said. “My whole recruiting process is based on my relationship with the coaches and players. I know all the schools have pretty much the same things to offer. The difference is the people that are there and now I have a close relationship with everyone on the Miami staff.”

McCord was impressed with that very aspect of Miami when he attended Family Day in August but he said this time was even better.

“It was a lot better than Family Day, I’ll say that, because we had more time to talk,” McCord said. “I had extended conversations with both players and coaches so I really got that family feel like I’ve talked about before. Coach Golden, Coach Jethro (Franklin), Coach Art Kehoe, pretty much all the guys I was with at some point.”

McCord has brought various family members with him to Miami on both trips, and they got some valuable information out of this trip as well.

“They feel that they can trust Coach Golden and they have a good relationship with the coaches,” McCord said. “If I get in trouble or something goes wrong, they’ll be the first ones to know. They won’t wait a day, or a week, to tell them that something bad is going on. They wanted to have that trust level with the coaches and I believe they got that.”

McCord was hosted on the visit by Anthony Chickillo, as the two are good friends dating back to their days in Tampa.

“He didn’t show me that much because the school is pretty small but we talked about how fast it’s going to be (in college),” McCord said. “He talked about how different the transition from high school was. He wanted me to be ready no matter where I go for a different level. Everyone is bigger, stronger, and faster. We can push around linemen in Hillsborough County but college won’t be that easy.”

The opportunity to team up with Chickillo in the future is appealing to McCord, but Miami isn’t alone in that regard.

“That’s what I saw on my South Carolina visit that I could play along with another big lineman in (Jadeveon) Clowney,” McCord said. “I would have the same thing with Chick too so it’s a tough decision in between those two. They’re both great and I want to play on the other side of somebody who has just as much potential as me. It would be great to be with either one of them.”

South Carolina entered the weekend as McCord’s clear leader so what was he saying after his second official to Miami?

“It’s South Carolina,Florida,and Miami who are standing out from the rest,” McCord said.

McCord was getting attention from plenty of Miami commitments and he would be a big addition to the recruiting class they’re assembling.

“I talked to Duke Johnson, Gray (Crow), and a bunch more that I can’t remember by name,” McCord said. “Hearing what they say does matter a little bit because it’s a family thing there. Coach Golden told me the same thing, that this recruiting class is very important. It’s going to be a major factor at Miami so they want me to hop on board and join the family.”

I don't think so. He had fun here and wants another free trip to Miami. When the best part of the trip is the food...

Advertisement
Sounds like he's headed to Columbia unless there is some back story not evident in what he said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watch out for South Carolina here.

I guess it will come down to whether him and Agholar want to play together.

Monte K is there right now, which is good for USC I think

nikell robey didnt have any in state schools on him (big 3)....

i dont think usc is algholor's leader.....the word is uf is...usc likely isright behind though

Agholor has said it I think. No use arguing about it though.

As for Robey, it is funny. My friend who does recruiting for USC has a very close friend, actually a couple of them, who do the same thing for Florida. He said one of them is as good as it gets as far as rating Florida talent. When we got Robey, very late in the process, he called the guy and was told that if Robey had been 3 inches taller, he would have been the number 1 recruit in the state.

Kid is crazy good. Reminds me a lot of Terrell Buckley.

always thought robey was good...........he had a buzz early on...then i guess big 3 saw him in camp settings and thought ......"too small"........kid was like glue on wr's though...u guys snuck him out..

Advertisement
Back