Transfer C Lynn Kidd signs with Miami

View as article
I can’t disagree with this more. The paint will be clogged, which will make life more difficult for the both of them. Omier is effective playing in a 5 out system because it helps alleviate his size disadvantage by not crowding his space even more.

I’ve posted enough about this guy in the past 24 hours so I’ll stop being a broken record, but I’m just not excited about this one at all.
There’s always this one **** guy. You know that physical power forwards have played with traditional centers for decades right? You can do a ton of things, including using Norchads mobility to for screen and rolls, and you can run a double post system. This helps defensively as well, you have someone to guard the guys that Omier can’t. You aren’t completely screwed if one gets into foul trouble.

Advertisement
There’s always this one **** guy. You know that physical power forwards have played with traditional centers for decades right? You can do a ton of things, including using Norchads mobility to for screen and rolls, and you can run a double post system. This helps defensively as well, you have someone to guard the guys that Omier can’t. You aren’t completely screwed if one gets into foul trouble.
Excuse me for not just seeing 6’10 and jumping for joy. This dude can’t guard the guys Omier can’t. Watch him play. He’s Dewan Hernandez skinny.

“You know that physical power forwards have played with traditional centers for decades right?” No ****, but most physical power forwards aren’t 6’5 on a good day. And modern basketball is completely different than what was done for decades. We just went E8 and F4 in back to back years playing majority 5 out but half this fanbase tuned in for the UConn game and decided we needed to play traditional two big basketball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I probably say "I hope I am wrong" too much here, but the enthusiasm might be tempered a bit by some review suggesting this is a bit of an underwhelming pickup perhaps. Confirmed by some other CIS, the VT reaction earlier this week had a fair amount of commentary such as:
View attachment 285570
So, I am doubtful he will be a "super" starter. Surely better than Casey, and perhaps what Nwoko didn't do (yet) so I am optimistic and welcome him, just not doing cartwheels here.

(So agree no real downside, but we still need a lot lot more from the portal and hopefully have the NIL remaining to achieve that.)
That is a bull**** take. His last 8 games including NIT. He is averaging 13.88 per game and 6.5 rebounds. How is that falling off? He is on pace of his rebounding average and above scoring average.

20/8 Ohio State
13/6 Richmond
8/3 FSU (4 for 6 from field)
11/9 Louisville
21/9 Wake Forest
16/8 Syracuse
8/2 Pittsburgh
14/7 Virginia

Excuse me for not just seeing 6’10 and jumping for joy. This dude can’t guard the guys Omier can’t. Watch him play. He’s Dewan Hernandez skinny.

“You know that physical power forwards have played with traditional centers for decades right?” No ****, but most physical power forwards aren’t 6’5 on a good day. And modern basketball is completely different than what was done for decades. We just went E8 and F4 in back to back years playing majority 5 out but half this fanbase tuned in for the UConn game and decided we needed to play traditional two big basketball.
Skinny doesn’t always mean weak. No, he isn’t a burly big, but with his size and athleticism he can give you something that Omier can’t. Never mind the theory that L isn’t going to turn with just two bigs. Amazing how a guy can develop well in the ACC, be a solid player at a position of need and we have fans whining and looking for something to complain about. We get it, he isn’t the second coming of Shaq so he’s trash.

I very much doubt Kidd will be the only big man we take. He's a one year rental, we need someone younger as well. We will lose him and Omier (if he even returns)
Why? Maybe a big with 2 years remaining but most definitely a guy with 3 years on the books. Let somebody else develop him. That's what Tech did with Kidd.

Skinny doesn’t always mean weak. No, he isn’t a burly big, but with his size and athleticism he can give you something that Omier can’t. Never mind the theory that L isn’t going to turn with just two bigs. Amazing how a guy can develop well in the ACC, be a solid player at a position of need and we have fans whining and looking for something to complain about. We get it, he isn’t the second coming of Shaq so he’s trash.
Skinny doesn’t mean weak but I’m just saying, based on the FILM, not the stats, he plays small. Never said he’s trash, I’ve said he’s athletic and a really skilled post scorer. I just don’t think he’s going to solve the issues we have, because he’s not a defensive enforcer and from what I’ve seen he doesn’t create rebounds, he gets them just by nature of being down low defensively.

Hope I’m wrong and he all of sudden isn’t getting put under the basket by good bigs. But all anyone wants to do is toss out his stats and height and call anyone a hater that thinks it’s a mediocre pickup that has the potential to clog up our offense without bringing anything defensively. I’d love to hear some thoughts from someone who takes the time to watch him play, because I very well may be missing something.

Advertisement
Why can't Norchad play the 4 if he returns? He has developed a very nice mid range shot

Advertisement
Casey was one of the worst players I’ve ever seen in my life. Absolutely embarrassing coming out of Chicago. I honestly was never sold on him coming out of high school.
That class was so frustrating, because the first time Casey, Watson, and Aire stepped on the floor it was like “Oh ****, this is what it’s supposed to look like”, and then they actually started play and it was like “Oh, ****, this is not what it’s supposed to look like”

Clearly your screams at L sealed the deal. He heard you, and said I want that.
Thank for this encouragement. I was bringing up the 9er in the way he should go, he did most of the screaming. Brings tears to my eyes to be here now.

Advertisement
Back