Thursday practice observations

View as article
Horton needs to practice by playing basketball.. specifically rebounding... go up, box out, fight for the ball at the high point. Easy fix.
I was wondering about this. Are there any examples of guys who were not 50/50 (box out or contested catches) WRs who suddenly became way better at this? I cannot immediately think of any examples.

I don't think it's necessarily a heigh/weight/wingspan issue, either. Santana, for example, was always excellent at 50/50 catches despite his relative height/weight/wingspan limitations.

Advertisement
I was wondering about this. Are there any examples of guys who were not 50/50 (box out or contested catches) WRs who suddenly became way better at this? I cannot immediately think of any examples.

I don't think it's necessarily a heigh/weight/wingspan issue, either. Santana, for example, was always excellent at 50/50 catches despite his relative height/weight/wingspan limitations.
Cager improved at Uga.

Need to bring in NYSOM to improve ball skills

Advertisement
Need to bring in NYSOM to improve ball skills

Kill Me Smh GIF

Horton needs to practice by playing basketball.. specifically rebounding... go up, box out, fight for the ball at the high point. Easy fix.
He should practice tracking tennis or even baseballs..a lot of that is based on guys being able to track the football in the air

Advertisement
Not saying we'll get to this level, but if Arroyo is healthy and Williams develops, could be a nice 1-2 punch combo like with Njoku and Herndon in 2016.
Riley Williams is an X factor on this offense because of his potential and the fact that the pressure should in theory be off if Arroyo is healthy moving defenders with him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back