They handing out participation trophies in Trailerhassee

Breaking News….UGA just scored again…
truly never gets old even though I refrain from using it cause mirrors and rutgers...but happy to lurk while others roll with it in the interwebs

Advertisement
Can someone tell me whether in the dark ages, we made "Big East" champion rings in years we didn't win a natty?
Yes, we also issued bowl rings after major bowl wins, even if it wasn't for a title. In "The U" Lamar Thomas discussed how he used to give them away to girls on Spring Break, because they didn't mean that much to him.

Yes, we also issued bowl rings after major bowl wins, even if it wasn't for a title. In "The U" Lamar Thomas discussed how he used to give them away to girls on Spring Break, because they didn't mean that much to him.
Thanks but what about big east specifically

Advertisement
Worse, and UCF claiming that title is a horrible look.

It's MUCH worse and way more embarrassing.

UCF, at that time and basically still now, are doing anything they can to justify themselves as a legit FBS program. So they claimed a national championship everyone knows they didn't win, and they got laughed at, but as they say, no publicity is bad publicity, especially when you're trying to make a name for yourself.

FSU has 3 national championships. They have a long tradition of success. They're one of the 20 best programs in the history of the sport. Have some god**** respect for yourselves. Make ACC championship rings all you want. Plaster the score against Miami and the gator. But 13-0? Unconquered? Have some ******* respect, Jesus Christ.

Advertisement
Worse, and UCF claiming that title is a horrible look.

Yup, because Florida State actually won three titles and has been a powerhouse over the years. Central Florida was and is always a pretender and second-rate football program, so they ran with their narrative—and to their credit, while nowhere near "national champs" they were at least undefeated and beat Auburn in a bowl game.

The bigger question; what do players do with these rings as that tells you what kind of roster Mike Norvell has.

Unless he has a bunch of dogs who gave the rings away to their mom—or girls they're banging, like Lamar Thomas talked about doing in the '90s when i wasn't a ring for a natty—their roster is full of beta bozos.

Can you imagine being a player on that team and buying into the 13-0 farce and flossing an "undefeated" ring?

The bigger question; what do players do with these rings as that tells you what kind of roster Mike Norvell has.

Unless he has a bunch of dogs who gave the rings away to their mom—or girls they're banging, like Lamar Thomas talked about doing in the '90s when i wasn't a ring for a natty—their roster is full of beta bozos.

Can you imagine being a player on that team and buying into the 13-0 farce and flossing an "undefeated" ring?
Well, it has 16 garnets in it. I'm pretty sure pawn shops are salivating over getting their hands on one of those.

Well, it has 16 garnets in it. I'm pretty sure pawn shops are salivating over getting their hands on one of those.
pawn shop ripoff GIF by South Park

Advertisement
While it is typical for the conference champ to make a championship ring, this one is cringe.

1. The top of the ring supposedly says "ACC Championship" which is normal and accurate. Except, I cant seem to find anywhere about the score and opponent in the ACC championship game. I looked at some other conference championship rings from various teams. Almost all of them have at least the score and opponent engraved on one side of the ring. This one has the scores of the Miami game and UF game, but around the halo of the ring. So, is this an ACC championship ring or a state championship ring?

2. The 13-0 unconquered on one side of ring while having the head coaches name on the other side. Perhaps this ring in all the pics and social media we are seeing is the ring specifically for Norvell. That would be weird if the players received the exact same ring with the head coaches name engraved on one side, instead of their last name. The 13-0, unconquered just looks stupid when the entire world knows they got demolished in their last game.

It's like FSU trying too hard on this ring, and they are getting roasted for it.

The "state champions" thing is also bs. The Florida Cup/state championship is only relevant when all three teams play each other in the same season, which obviously did not happen last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back