The Work 6-12

View as article
Saw Fenton today, bigger then I expected, but still a talented corner. Some of you guys mentioned it before, but Miami's playing with fire with these corners. Antonio Howard, Fenton, Khalid McGee, and Gerald Robinson are all talented guys who would jump on Miami offers, but they refuse to budge.

I understand the strategy to an extent if they're confident they'll land higher caliber players at the position, i.e. if they're somehow able to flip Lewis from UF and/or Cole from FSU.

But it's the inconsistency that's strange to me. They won't extend a committable offer to any of the in-state corners you mentioned, but they accepted commitments from Mahoney and Gauthier along the OL. They also accepted Gaudinier's commitment, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he could get squeezed out of the class if they land Coney and Sheppard (unlikely, but still) to go along with Perry.

Consistency across the board shouldn't be too much to ask.

That makes sense if recruiting was done in a vacuum. Name the high-profile in-state OL recruits they should feel good about landing. Why should they settle on lower tier CBs in June? It makes no sense to treat every position the same.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back